THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    HEYM 89B | Cape Buffalo Video | Mozambique
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HEYM 89B | Cape Buffalo Video | Mozambique
 Login/Join

One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted
In case you missed this episode of "Tracks Across Africa," here is a short summary of the first buffalo taken by the new 89B in 450/400.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting! I love the new smart TVs you can send the YouTube videos from phone to the Tv and watch on the big screen.

If I could only afford one new double it would be a 89b hands down. You guys hit the mark with it!

Posts: 134 | Location: B.C. Canada  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The rifle looks like an excellent rifle.

However, the shooter's abilities (and maybe PH) are of question to my mind. Maybe it was just the camera angle, but I would not shoot through limbs and brush at a dangerous animal like that. Of course, I have lived in Africa and understand how dangerous the situation could be.

Posts: 348 | Location: South Carolina USA | Registered: 20 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Good hunt and outcome. Sweet little rifle.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9905 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Transvaal:
The rifle looks like an excellent rifle.

However, the shooter's abilities (and maybe PH) are of question to my mind. Maybe it was just the camera angle, but I would not shoot through limbs and brush at a dangerous animal like that. Of course, I have lived in Africa and understand how dangerous the situation could be.

That's the tough thing about video... the angle you see (from the perspective of the camera) isn't the same as what the shooter or the PH sees.

We have to trust that the Professional Hunter (with many years of experience and hundreds - or thousands - of buffalo hunts to his credit) knows what he's doing, and we have to trust that he has advised the client correctly and accept the fact that we simply can't see - in watching the video - what the shooter is seeing.

A good example of this is what the distance of the shot appears to be. After watching the video, it looks like the buffalo is a mile away, but he was only about 40 yards at the first shot.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
Great video; thanks Chris.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote