New
Find
Notify
Tools

TV show with a surprize
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A number of gun shows on tv are usually terrible but sometimes you get almost out of context picture.
DSC American Guns yesterday had a beautifull H&H double rifle .In excellent condition it was gold inlayed in what seemed to be an Indian design .absolutely fantastic.
I would make any double rifle fan drool ! Anyone see it ??

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw it and it was really nice, didn't they make a "matching" howdah pistol to go along with it?

Karl

Karl Evans

Posts: 2910 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Saw it and it was a 12 bore as they stated a $300K double. But the howdah remake was outstanding.

From the Vintagers side by side world Championships
A howdah holstered

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw it and it was the only episode of that show that I've saved. Usually there's so b/s on there I can't stand to watch it. That H&H was magnificent. I wish they'd dedicated to camera time to it.

DRSS

Posts: 1168 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If anyone can find a photo of it please post.

One of Us
Picture of 460 wby shooter
posted Hide Post
The pistol was a kit gun, that show is so fake it makes me sick. This week they charged a guy $2300 to chop up a really nice krag, what a shame

Posts: 817 | Location: jimtown ND | Registered: 21 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Also, when he was "making" the barrels for the Howdah, he simply clamped and soldered them together, stating that he had to do it correctly so they would shoot to the same point of impact. He managed to do that the first time! Heck, he should be making double rifles. He could do it very cheaply since he has the "magic ability" to regulate the barrels when he conjoins them just by using a couple of clamps and his trained eye!
Also in another episode he sold a fellow bike club member a Smith&Wesson M686, engraved (some of which looked like it was done with an electric pencil), an action job and quoted the guy 3K. Finally came down to 2.5K. So less than a grand at full retail for the gun, a $200 action job at the very top end for any real pistolsmith, and then about 10 minutes with an electric engraver and the electric pencil. Nice profit. The final kicker was that the president of the bike club shot one shot out of the gun and then determined if it was worth the money or not.......I won't even get into my feelings on what they did to the Krag, other than the fact that he is supposed to be the head gunsmith and used tape instead of GO/NOGO gauges to determine headspace.

Posts: 1669 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote