New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blaser buys Rigby!?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Thread on the "medium Bore" forum says this! Haven't verified it myself (yet).
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buys which Rigby? The only Rigby worth anything to me is long gone. Who holds the rights to the name is kind of meaningless.

Posts: 20141 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
The royal warrants are at Blaser in San Antonio, Texas!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
The royal warrants are at Blaser in San Antonio, Texas!

The Royal warrants would cease to be valid once
the old firm died.

They (warrants) are not an ongoing thing is supply ceases although of course old one's
are displayed.

Previously 500N with many thousands of posts !

Posts: 1815 | Location: Australia | Registered: 16 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
505G,
I understand that! I was just trying to make the point the Rigby is now owned by Blaser!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rusty, All,

To be totally correct, Rigby is owned by the investment group that owns Blaser, Sauer, Sig, Mauser, and perhaps another or two that I don't know about. My understanding is that Rigby will be moved back to London and operate from there.

TT

Posts: 455 | Location: Sierra Vista, AZ | Registered: 06 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
that Rigby will be moved back to London and operate from there

Yes, it is correct.
It will be in that group and technical close to Mauser.
They will start back in some months, doubels will costs 60.000 Euros up.
The most (technical) work will be done in Germany.

One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
So then what is happening to the other "new" Rigby guys that where at the shows this year saying they were going to build doubles?

Mac

Posts: 1731 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I'd be willing to bet that all the production work will be done in that big factory in Germany!
Everything they need to manufacture a firearm is under one roof in Germany!
The investment group is out to make a profit, not do a London "Start up"!
Most likely a "Boutique Shop" in London!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

one of us
posted Hide Post
So, will the Blaser S2 doubles continue? I have one in 500NE and LOVE it! Have no intention of spending $60K+ for another.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by McKay:
So then what is happening to the other "new" Rigby guys that where at the shows this year saying they were going to build doubles?

Good question!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As I understand it, there is but one Rigby now, not two or three.

Posts: 455 | Location: Sierra Vista, AZ | Registered: 06 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
Who cares about the 'medium bore' Rigby, when you can get a real 'large bore', aka the 505 Gibbs?popcorn

But seriously folks, wasn't the 450 Rigby initially developed, due to the 416 Rigby failing on Paul Roberts?

http://www.huntnetwork.net/mod...Magnum%20Rimless.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote