Find
Notify
Tools

Merkel Drilling
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted
I just acquired a Merkel Model 30 drilling dating to the 70’s and have a question. I got in new in the box and other than some minor handling marks it appears to be accurate per the description. My question is on the operation of the gun. I have numerous break action guns but this is the only one that I question if the top lever is working correctly. On every break action gun I have when you close the action the top lever will automatically move back to the locked position or very close to it if it is a new gun. This gun does not appear like there is a spring in there at all to move it back to the normal closed position so I am asking is this normal? It will also let you fire the gun when it is not in the closed position so this to me would make a very dangerous situation? Any comment would be much appreciated……Thanks

Mac

Mac

Posts: 1747 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mac

If it is a new Merkel unfired/little fired, gun. it may well be so "stiff" that it does not let the top Lever spring back to fullock, hen the gun is closed.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote