THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    DRSS Hunt, June 15 to 18, 2007 - 4K Ranch, Brady, Texas
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DRSS Hunt, June 15 to 18, 2007 - 4K Ranch, Brady, Texas
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted
Gentlepeople:

The DRSS will be holding its next hunt/shoot weekend on Friday, June 15 to Monday, June 18, 2007 at the 4K Ranch just outside the town of Brady, Texas.

This would be a arrive at 12:00 PM on Friday and depart on Monday, probably late morning.

The cost of the hunt weekend and lodging and trophy fees for up to three (3) hogs will be $550.00 per hunter. Day visitors, without lodging or hunting, will be $50.00.

(If you are staying in the lodge, whether you decide to hunt or not, the cost will still be $550.00.)

At the ranch we have a total of 18 BEDS. However, as everyone at the last hunt will confirm that there is AMPLE space for guys over the 18 attendee number to bring their own cot or blow-up mattress and still stay at the ranch. If not, there is a Best Western in Brady that is about a ten minute drive.

In addition to the cost of the hunt ($550.00/person) we will also be hiring the camp cook to prepare meals, snacks and non-alcoholic beverages for us starting on Friday at lunch time, ending with breakfast on Monday. The cost will be $1000.00 for her. If we have 20 guys in camp, it breaks out to an additional $50/person. (Ask anyone who attended the DRSS hunt in January, she was great, the food was wonderful and we don't have to waste time cooking or cleaning ourselves.)

That fee does not include the groceries. The last time new_guy donated a lot of game meat that she used. This cut the cost down. I would expect the cost/person for groceries, without donated meat to be an additional $50 to $75/person.

Since Brad only has two other guides to help with moving hunters around, please note that depending on how many hunters want to go at a time, the guides will only be able to take AT MOST 15 hunters into the field at any hunt period (which will probably be a morning and evening hunt - two each day). If this is the case, we will rotate who goes into the field during each hunt session. But this will be worked out once we are in camp. But please make your decision about attending this hunt with the knowledge that you MAY not be able to hunt all day, every day.

Ok, gentlemen, now that you have the nitty gritty of the offer, here is the OFFICIAL RESPONSE REQUEST.

Please send me a PM or email or call and let me know if you want to attend on:

June 15, 2007

Here is the list:

People guaranteed a BED in the lodge (18 beds available):

577NitroExpress
doc52
ROSCOE
bobc
400NitroExpress
MacD37
Jim Manion
Frank Martinez
470Evans
dougaboy
showbart
Jack Huntington
Bill74
John Maples
mjines
Katte
Bonanza
Dave White
***NO ADDITIONAL BEDS AVAILABLE*****

People who need to find alternate sleeping arrangements:

Antlers
tomO577

People who are attending for the day shoot:

Brain1
Jimatcat
Jimatcat's Guest
Jim Lightsey
Gene Lightsey
Garry Gullett
David Bailey

Now, there will have to be a cap on the total number of people attending. This number, identified by the ranch, will be "about 25." This is the number for hunters and not day attendees there just to shoot who are not hunting nor staying in the lodge.

I will update the list as people state their intentions on attending, or people cancelling later.

The ranch will need a deposit of $275/person for each hunter NO LATER THAN May 1, 2007. This is FIRM. I will contact my POC at the ranch sometime shortly after the May 1 deadline and if anyone on the attendee list who has not sent a deposit to the ranch by that time will be deleted from the list and people waiting for beds in the lodge to open up will be rolled into the lodge. So please keep this in mind.

Please make checks payable to:
4K Ranch and Farm Operations

Mailing address where deposits should be sent is:

Brad Woodard
P.O. Box 132
Rochelle, TX 76872

When you send the deposit, reference "DRSS Hunt, June 15 to 18, 2007" so Brad knows who the deposit is for.

If there are any people out there thinking about buying a double rifle, this is the event to try to attend. YOu will be able to shoot more DRs at this one event than any where else in the USA.

And it's a great time with great people!!!!!!

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
what will be the cost for those who stay in town to just hunt, etc?

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Paul
Count me in, I will try to plan my trip to fit in!!
Katte

Posts: 19 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 21 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rich:

Unfortunately, the cost for hunting without staying at the lodge is the same. The ranch views it as they are changing us for hunting and giving us accomodations for free.

Sorry.

But the bunk house has plenty of room for guys who want to bring a cot or blow-up mattress so you can stay with the group.

Katte:

I can't tell you how excited I am to hear that you might be able to attend! You were a welcomed addition to camp last January and I look forward to many more memories with you.

I have updated the list to reflect the latest additions to the attendee list.

577NitroExpress

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
FYI regarding mine and Doc52's flight info.

Doc52 and I will be driving to Brady from DFW airport around 10 AM on Friday, June 15.

Doc52 arrives into DFW on AA 815 at 7:30 PM on Thursday, June 14.

I arrive into DFW on AA 471 at 9:20 AM on Friday, June 15.

We both depart DFW on Monday, June 18 around 5:00 PM.

Badger Matt, I sent you info via PM about the carpool question.

577NitroExpress

One of Us
Picture of Bill74
posted Hide Post
Paul,
looks like it's coming together again,you do such a good job of organising these events!
Will you have room in your vehicle for a lonely soul for the drive upto camp?
that is if by some quirk of fate my guns get there at the same time as me this time!

On another note,what does everybody do for insurance for their guns while travelling by air?

Posts: 115 | Location: MICHIGAN | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bal:

Yep, will have room. Badger Matt sent me a message about car pooling, but we can always get a larger vehicle.

So you have a ride if you want one.

Mine and Doc's flight info is above. So if you are close to that time, let's plan on hooking up.

And bring both of your doubles. I may have my .500 NE sold and need some little guns to shoot while in camp Wink

577NitroExpress

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul-

OK, who is the proud new owner of the 500?

Jim

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill74
posted Hide Post
hey big gun buddy,
I will have something big for you to shoot allright Big Grin

And bring both of your doubles. I may have my .500 NE sold and need some little guns to shoot while in camp Wink[/QUOTE]

Posts: 115 | Location: MICHIGAN | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
Paul -- sent you a PM.

We're out. I spoke with Chad and the young man said "nope, we need to keep saving for Africa." Good thing we didn't talk before I bought the double rifle.

Posts: 1262 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got it. List has been updated.

577NitroExpress

One of Us
Picture of Chris E Nelson
posted Hide Post
Could one of you guys tell me what the HOG Hunting is like on the Ranch? This is my first event and I have no idea what to expect. Thanks CHRIS

Posts: 153 | Location: Montana USA | Registered: 18 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Chris,
on our first hog hunt the second night there, 11 hunters killed 14 hogs. Temps were frezing sleet and snow falling!

There are lots of hogs! Most are good eating size between 100-150 pounds. Kelly killed a big ass old boar
(not me) the went 280 pounds!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
btt

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Guys,
just to let everyone know,I have been demoted to Bill73 from Bill74,my e-mail address had crashed for some mystical reason,getting the new one through the system proved to be a problem as well,so I started anew & registered under the Bill73 handle!
had'nt been able to post for a while either.

DRSS

Posts: 2282 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds suspicious to me - how do we know you are not actually Bill72 posting as Bill73 pretending to be Bill74?

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Too many bills!no wonder I am broke all the time!
Jim,
just bring all the whisky & women that you can next time around in Brady,I will be happy to prove m'self to your suspicious mind cheers beer clap

DRSS

Posts: 2282 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
as to whiskey... i still have 6 of the original bottles of jim beam rye....that might make it thru the first night....also have complimentary texas DRSS license plates for all attendee's

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One final bump in the public forums before I take the hunt coordination to a PM for all attendees.

ANyone else want to come?

577NitroExpress

one of us
posted Hide Post
As we have discussed I most likely will not make this DRSS event as I should be in Idaho on a bear hunt. However If I can, I will be a day attendee. Please keep me in the PM loop.

Also I have alerted the Arbour Society that them "Northern Confederates" are comming back to Texas and bringing the "tree killing 577 Nitro".

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
577, you have PM.

Antlers
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are a funny man, Tony! I will indeed keep you in the PM loop.

Antlers, I responded to your PM.

Cheers,

577NitroExpress

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is exactly when we expect my wife to give birth to our next child (our first boy!)

Y'all drink some rye and kill some pigs while thinking of us...

--Tinker

Self-appointed Colonel, DRSS

Posts: 802 | Location: Palomino Valley, NV | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
577 Thanks. I sure hate to miss a DRSS event.
You guys have a great time.

one of us
posted Hide Post
By the way, I "put" the Missippian and his 600OK on the Arbor Society watch list.

I was standing near him when he shot a tree with the 600K.

At least 2 cords of wood flew back and nearly knocked me down.
The 80's Forest fire in Yellowstone has done less damage to trees than you 2 guys.

I will say I was impressed with the rifle he had. I think it was an AHR.

It looked very good, stock and metal work.

However... I do think the muzzle break was from a German 88.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM SENT TO 577 NITRO EXPRESS ABOUT SOME ADDITIONAL GUYS WHO MAY ATTEND THE EVENT.

TOMO577

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This thread has been taken to a PM for all attendees.

577NitroExpress