Find
Notify
Tools

VC Round Action
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted
If I recall correctly, Todd had ordered a round action Verney-Carron in 500 NE. I think he even posted pictures. I can't find any more information about the VC round action anyplace, even on the VC website. Is VC making a round action like H&H and, if so, how are these guns priced? Maybe Todd or Ken can fill us in.

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Dave, yes I do have a Round Body on order. The pictures I took were of the rifle that Ken had at SCI. Larry Shores bought that rifle and that is the rifle he has been commenting on as he gets ready for his elephant hunt in Bots. I think he leaves this week or next.

Anyway, I don't know how many other rifles of that design have been delivered at this time. Ken would know the answer to that question. I expect mine will be ready in October or November. I think Subsailor ordered one as well but he may have traded for something else.

I asked Ken to request some update pictures on my from the factory but the entire of Europe is on vacation this month from what I heard. Maybe in a few weeks.

As far as pricing, I'll let Ken handle that one. I added quite a few upgrades to mine so it wouldn't be representative anyway.

I'm anxious to receive it though because I'm without a 500NE right now. I packed up the Merkel and sent it to Ken for trade on the 577NE. Should be getting that one as soon as the gunsmith gets finished. I'm having the LOP increased to 15.5" with the addition of a leather recoil pad.

And no Dave, there will be NO scope on the 577!! Cool

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh,sure. Now you get rightous! No Scope????

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
Todd, put a 3x9 on the .577. I'll pay for the bandages. shocker

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Todd is correct. I did buy the one at SCI. I think I paid around $14,000 but an not certain.

It is a nice gun. Shoots well.

I am going to hammer some hogs with it in the morning. I leave for Botswana with it Tuesday.

Posts: 12104 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
Todd is correct. I did buy the one at SCI. I think I paid around $14,000 but an not certain.

It is a nice gun. Shoots well.

I am going to hammer some hogs with it in the morning. I leave for Botswana with it Tuesday.

Yep Larry, that is a really nice rifle!! I think that is the price Ken had on it. Sounds about right. Too bad I didn't get to shoot it last month with my fingers being banged up and the fractured ribs. Maybe another time.

I hope you have a great ele hunt with the gun. I understand the Doktor Optic sight is working well!

Dave,

What do you think about mounting one of those 4X28X52 Night Force sniper scopes on the 577! That ought to do it!! BTW, I have no idea if Night Force makes a 4X28X52. Just being a smart ass. Which is a hell of a lot better than being a dumb ass!! Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
with my fingers being banged up and the fractured ribs.

Todd, I didn't know you had your 577 already! I guess you test-fired it? :-)

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
quote:
with my fingers being banged up and the fractured ribs.

Todd, I didn't know you had your 577 already! I guess you test-fired it? :-)

Who know what injuries the 577 will inflict!! Eeker Especially with a huge Night Force Scope mounted on top! Whistling

The others were from a misplaced step on a mountain in NZ.

One of Us
Picture of Carl Frederik Nagell
posted Hide Post
I got my VC round action 500 NE a few months ago. It looks great and I am very pleased with it although I have had very little time to shoot it. I could post pictures, but not before next week as I am ón vaccation right now.
CF

Posts: 490 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 04 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have pictures of the Round Action VC they can share?

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am in a stand with mine right now. I just whacked a hog with it. I took some pictures with my I phone. I will post them later today.

Posts: 12104 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go git 'em, Larry!

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
y
quote:
Originally posted by Orvar:
Does anyone have pictures of the Round Action VC they can share?

I have some pictures of Larry's gun that I posted previously but they were taken with an IPhone in poor light at SCI. The pics really aren't very good. Maybe Ken can post something better.

I'll also say this about the Round Body design and I think Larry and Carl will vouch for this. Pictures do not convey the way the rifle feels in the hand when carrying it by the receiver. The round design feels comfortable in the hand when compared to the square design, such as my Merkel.

If you are interested in having one built, if at all possible, I highly recommend handling one first. I placed my order at SCI and it was between the Searcy and VC Round Body. The feel of the gun in my hand was the deciding factor.

That isn't a sleight on Butch in any way. I'm still very interested in owning one of his guns as well, as he provides a beautiful rifle of high quality and stands behind it like few others.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
These pictures don't do it justice but you get an idea of what the frame looks like.

Lot's of options available. For instance, mine will have heavier, full coverage scroll engraving with gold makers name and "Safe", articulated front trigger, brown leather recoil pad, gold oval with initials, CCH, and most important of all, a Splinter Fore-end.

One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
So many beautiful doubles and so little time. That is a dandy. I don't understand how a new Holland & Holland could possibly be any better.

Larry, good luck on your hunt.

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting those Todd. The pics I took yesterday suck.

Dave, it is a nice gun. It shoots well. Feels good in the hands and on the shoulder. I have shot it an estimated 300 times. Whacked 2 hogs good and proper with it yesterday morning. I can't wait to go after elephants with it.

One of Us
Picture of Carl Frederik Nagell
posted Hide Post
Good hunting

CF

Posts: 490 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 04 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
NICE!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, it has a different look with the French Gray receiver. I like!

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to see it with the splinter fore-end!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, a VC round body in 577, with French Gray receiver, 26" barrels, splinter forend, nice wood, and ejectors. KEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . and make it between 12.5 and 13 pounds. That would be a nice rifle.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Hmmm, a VC round body in 577, with French Gray receiver, 26" barrels, splinter forend, nice wood, and ejectors.

Who do I make my cheque out to? Big Grin

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Awesome!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I want one!!!

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote