Find
Notify
Tools

Chapuis X4
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of H T
posted
Anyone have any experience with this double?

I have a 470 Chapuis and really like their guns. This newer model in the 9.3x74R has a right barrel that can be adjusted to re-regulate, if desired.

Admittedly, I am skeptical about a feature like this. Asked and got a response from JJ at Champlin that they aren't familiar with how well they work.

Anyone have one?? Feedback??

Posts: 731 | Location: Kerrville, TX | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
You came to the right place. I have a 9.3x74; got it from KB. I just wanted to see how it worked.
And wow; to make it short, it shoots all bullets on top of one another at 50 yards, and I mounted a Zeiss scope on it, and did not even adjust the barrels.
Not kidding. I know, some traditionalists do not like adjustable DRs, but the band on the muzzle does not bother me and it really does shoot. And I have had 4 other 93s, and this one is by far the best.

Posts: 17122 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of H T
posted Hide Post
Smiler Thanks - that's very encouraging. Couple of questions - Where did you buy it? What load or loads do you like?

If I buy one, I'm probably going to go with some 250 grain accubonds that I came across. Not trying to load hot, just after plains game up to 100 yds. Have lots of Varget, RL15 and IMR4350 to tinker with.

Posts: 731 | Location: Kerrville, TX | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote