Find
Notify
Tools

Good guy report.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of scutulatus
posted
As most have noticed (see more photos post below) I purchased my first double recently. As most new guys do, I searched and ruminated over bore, new or used, maker, the usual. First visit to the Hallowell & Co. of MT, Inc. site all I had to do was get the $ before my choice was gone.

Have no second thoughts about purchasing from Morris Hallowell even without a hands on inspection, he is a stand up guy and will tell you like it is.

470NE Searcy
9.3X74r Johann Springer

Posts: 130 | Location: oro valley AZ | Registered: 18 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scutulatus:

Have no second thoughts about purchasing from Morris Hallowell even without a hands on inspection, he is a stand up guy and will tell you like it is.

Certainly not my experience! Mad

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys
Oz hunter got screwed BIG TIME by Hallowell!

I do not support "good guy" status!!!!!

Nick

Posts: 665 | Location: EU | Registered: 05 September 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, as I reported before, I purchased my first double, a Krieghoff in 500/416 from Morris Hallowell and had no problems with the sale at all. I would buy from him again. Not sure where this thread is going, but I wanted to say my piece.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have found Hallowell to honest and straight forward. Bought two firearms, a 470 double and A combination gun and they were accurately presented.

Posts: 159 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: 15 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Good luck to you if you had a good experience BUT when a high dollar rifle noted as "having good bores and barely in its adolescence" arrives with minimal rifling at the mussel and that key holes at 40m. Mad
Then there was the original request to explain if there where any visible problems or blemishes with the rifle only to find this very obvious problem and along with the top lever and safety lever being unacceptably (and dangerously) loose only to be palmed off and told "but you could have had your friend try the rifle out". Mad
In my opinion (and others that followed the purchase)FAR from "Accurately presented" nor what one would call "a stand up guy".
With not just the fact that the "ball was dropped" BUT with the actions taken afterwards how could anyone trust him.
I can NOT honestly recommend any dealings with Morris Hallowell.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote