New
Find
Notify
Tools

Information
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Can anyone tell me if I can shoot Sabot slugs out of a Paradox rifled barrel?

Posts: 190 | Location: new castle,de. | Registered: 30 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used to but then I traded the gun off. It shot about 2.5" groups at 50 yards on good days and 4" on bad days. Come to think of it that may have been the same day as I didn't shoot too much paper with it. I can't remember the brand of slugs I used but they came in a grey box. I mostly shot rocks with it and a couple jackrabbits.

Matthew

Posts: 383 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 29 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The gun I had was a Spanish double with rifled choke tubes.

Matthew

Posts: 383 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 29 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you're talking about the Hastings Paradox barrels, the answer is yes. I have one for my Remington 11-87. The BRI and Remington solid copper sabot slugs both shot very well. New York now allows rifles for deer hunting in the areas I frequent so I haven't used it for a few years, but I always had confidence with that setup when shotguns with slugs were the law.

Posts: 276 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just realized which forum this is. You're probably referring to the other paradox barrels, so my earlier response isn't really applicable.

Posts: 276 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote