Notify
Tools

Small calibers in a DR ??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted
Are there any 6,5 mm calibers for DR ??
Something like a 6,5 x...R or something similar?

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the 3rd double i ever saw/handled was a magnificent little holland and holland RHD w/detachable sideplates in .240 rimmed. it was made in either 1911 or 1907 for some maharajah

DRSS

Posts: 1155 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Thanks.
I do some search and I got info about the 240 H&H Flanged and about the 246 Purdey Flanged.

But nothing about any 260 Flanged..

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://www.chuckhawks.com/6-5x57_6-5x57R.htm

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Thanks !!
I also saw in that page a 6,5x65R !!!
I will do some internet search for this one Big Grin
L

one of us
posted Hide Post
US gunsmith Brian Perazone makes them in calibres as small as 22 lr and he posted these pictures on the Nitro Express forums.

You could reach him at his website if you want to get one made.

Cheers!

Mehul Kamdar

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."-- Patrick Henry

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mehul !!!
I also saw there is a 6,5x68R caliber for DR !!
RWS makes brass.

The thing is that it's much less complicated to import 6,5 calibers to my country than bigger ones due to law restrictions Frowner

L

One of Us
posted Hide Post
don't know what you mean by small, but there's a fw 06's 7x65's etc. laying around for sale that are usually fairly cheap (so far as doubles go) or there is that litte 22 that I'd give my eye teeth for, but unfortunately they want more than that

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://www.hoferwaffen.com/hofer_52s.php?id=14&lang=en

Cory

Still saving up for a .500NE double rifle(Searcy of course)

Posts: 189 | Location: Southern Maryland | Registered: 10 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
I used to have a Valmet O/U in 30-06. I still have the barrel set for 12 ga and .222, and I use that for turkey and predator hunting. For me, the O/U configuration does not feel as comfortable as a SxS, and in the smaller calibers barrel regulation, when you start thinking about rqanges in execss of 100 yards, could be tough.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a 1920s German DR in .250 Savage. I saw an almost identical rifle in the same caliber at the Vintager's, but I can't remember which dealer had it. Mine puts 4 shots in about 2-1/2 inches at 100 yards using iron sights. Can't ask for more.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i have a Holland & Holland Royal in 7 x 65r

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How about one in 303 Brit? That would be cool to play with. Anyone ever see one?

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division.

Posts: 1034 | Location: Oklahoma y'all | Registered: 01 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Taylor:
How about one in 303 Brit? That would be cool to play with. Anyone ever see one?

I have an Army Navy in .303. It was a little beat up when I got it but I have had most of the Physical bugs worked out and am in the process of learning what loads will work. Started with woodleighs.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i have a 303 brit in a Westley Richards Droplock with all options offered in 1908.
ejectors , single selective trigger, safe & loaded safety, patent folding front sight protector, pg trap...

was made for a Lord Selborne whose claim to fame was that he convinced the British parliament to take the Cape colony and the two old boar republics - the Transvaal and Orange Free State and combine them into the Union Of South Africa. so now you know how all that came about.

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Blaser Double

I'm not saying they are perfect but they do exist.

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote