THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Converstaion With Mr. Ken Owen
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Converstaion With Mr. Ken Owen
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I phoned Ken Owen, [that is OWEN not OWENS - I confirmed that with him] today and had nearly a 1/2 hour long conversation.

He is only set up at this time to build 577 NE and 600 NE doubles.

If you wanted a 500 NE or smaller, it would have to be on the 577 NE action.

It would be HEAVY, 13 or more lbs.

He explained he makes a complete action from scratch.

It's a copy of the "ANDREWS" product [Welsh- UK] from the "days of yore".

I won't site his quoted price to me, just out of respect for the fact that I did not ask his permission to do so.

Be assured, it's an attractive offer.

If any regular guy is thinking that he would like a DR in one of these legendary calibers, he really should speak to Ken.

It won't be the "investment" that gains money for you in a couple-few years, [maybe decades?].

But it will be an up VERY CLOSE & PERSONAL "JUMBO Killer" for sure!

Check www.doublegunhq.com for a link to his contact info. cheers

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Ken is a very nice man and does good work. I have seen his work and like it. He is using a scaled up Andrews action. He built a set of 450 3 1/4 barrels for a client and copied the gun. His guns are HEAVY but very accurate. Nice man I wish I had his talent!

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nice man I wish I had his talent!

YOU AND ME BOTH!!!!! salute

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have an MK Owen in 450 x 3 1/4. Is is a beautiful gun. It is heavy, but is comfortable to shoot. I have spoken to Ken on the phone several times and he has been very gracious with his time.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is one advertised for sale on Thad Scott's site in 600 NE

Posts: 116 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can see photos of the Owen 500NE I have for sale on my site www.huntersheadquarters.net
It has two boxes of loaded ammo (loaded by Ken) that go with it.
So Peter...you like the 450 I sold you it seems.

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Harry, YES SIR! It is a beauty. I just haven't been able to arrange an elephant hunt yet. Maybe if I come across some end of season specials....!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote