THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Source for .577 cast bullets ???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Source for .577 cast bullets ???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I received my Searcy .577 this afternoon, & have to say it's a very impressive, rather massive piece of artillery. I'd post some pics, but I'm too stupid to know how. So here's my question: Where can I find some 700-750 grain cast bullets that I can use to shoot the recommended practice load (using 5744 powder) that Butch supplied ? For the full-power load, it is 120 grains of RL-15 behind a 750 gr. bullet & filler - just 104 ft.pounds of recoil. Now you know why I'd like some cast bullets. Let me know who has them, or where I can get a bullet mould.

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1587 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Frank, sent you a PM. You are now officially "DA MAN"!!!!!

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frank Beller:
I received my Searcy .577 this afternoon, & have to say it's a very impressive, rather massive piece of artillery. I'd post some pics, but I'm too stupid to know how. So here's my question: Where can I find some 700-750 grain cast bullets that I can use to shoot the recommended practice load (using 5744 powder) that Butch supplied ? For the full-power load,
it is 120 grains of RL-15 behind a 750 gr. bullet & filler - just 104 ft.pounds of recoil. Now you know why I'd like some cast bullets. Let me know who has them, or where I can get a bullet mould.

Frank, Ive got a few about 750 grain from when I was using a .577. Forget if they are linotype of wheel weight.

I also have the mold that made them. It's a Lyman minnie ball mold that I made a new bottom plug for to increase the weight. and solid base.

I think I also have one with the original bottom plug. so it is hollow based.

If you have interest I'll dig the stuff out send you some pictures by email.

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd really be interested if they will work in my .577 - thanks, let me know, FRANK

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1587 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote