One of Us
Picture of Aaron Little
posted
Well I wont just be doing conversions.

http://www.facebook.com/profil...p?id=100001646464847

A.M. Little Bespoke Gunmakers LLC
682-554-0044
Michael08TDK@yahoo.com

Posts: 1026 | Location: Mineola, TX | Registered: 15 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to visiting with you...

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D R Hunter
posted Hide Post
Exquisite.........

D/R Hunter

Correct bullet placement, combined with the required depth of bullet penetration, results in an anchored animal...

Posts: 997 | Location: Florida - A Little North of Tampa  | Registered: 07 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aaron Little
posted Hide Post
The first one is going to be in .303brit, the second a .450-400.

682-554-0044
Michael08TDK@yahoo.com

Posts: 1026 | Location: Mineola, TX | Registered: 15 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aaron Little
posted Hide Post
On this gun line I am not producing the actions. Bailey Bradshaw will be providing me with square/rough actions right off the machine. From there I will finish them out. Barrel construction will be shoelump, the third bite will be a screw grip top fastener. Other options like Southgate ejectors and articulated trigger will be offered. I should have the first action from Bailey in a month or so.

Plans are to give it some vintage flair.

682-554-0044
Michael08TDK@yahoo.com

One of Us
Picture of D R Hunter
posted Hide Post
Great that you two can put your abilities together
for the fine end result that the customers receive!
clap dancing clap dancing clap

D/R Hunter

Correct bullet placement, combined with the required depth of bullet penetration, results in an anchored animal...

Posts: 997 | Location: Florida - A Little North of Tampa  | Registered: 07 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome!

Posts: 210 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 16 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I told you this young man is one hell of gunsmith,I wonder if he will do an 8 and 4 bore project?

Posts: 190 | Location: new castle,de. | Registered: 30 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D R Hunter
posted Hide Post
I'm sure if someone hires him to build one, I expect
that he would. I'd rather see a 577 2.75" firing a
650 grn bullet and a 577 NE come out of his shop.

D/R Hunter

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
You are the new, up and coming, double rifle maker in this country; glad to see the art won't die out. I wish you luck with the business.

Posts: 17291 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hopefully we will see some nice 9.3x74R as well.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1993 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
One man shops don't make guns for stock; they make them to order, so if you order one, I am sure (from what I have seen here) he can and will make you one in 9.3.

Posts: 17291 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D R Hunter:
I'm sure if someone hires him to build one, I expect
that he would. I'd rather see a 577 2.75" firing a
650 grn bullet and a 577 NE come out of his shop.

This is exactly what I would like to see...

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aaron Little
posted Hide Post
Anything is possible...If I had enough interest I would do the .577 bores. There would be an upcharge over more standard sizes.

Concerning 4 and 8 bores, once again possible. Big upcharge on the first few due to investing in programming.

682-554-0044
Michael08TDK@yahoo.com

one of us
Picture of mt Al
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
You are the new, up and coming, double rifle maker in this country; glad to see the art won't die out. I wish you luck with the business.

Same here and from many others. All of us appreciate your pictures and updates and understand if you get so busy you can't do it anymore. We're enjoying it for now! Hope to get the funds and a good action for a conversion some day before you can't pick up the phone anymore.

Posts: 1073 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 21 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Little:
If I had enough interest I would do the .577 bores.

Count me in! wave

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aaron Little
posted Hide Post
Got the action in a while ago. Started polishing the breach face, action flats, and fitting the shoelump. After getting the action in hand and seeing the size I'm doing this one in .375Fl.

682-554-0044
Michael08TDK@yahoo.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great choice of calibre Aaron and I like your choice of a shoe lump arrangement for the barrels.

Looking forward to seeing your interpretation of a classic double.

Posts: 193 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 July 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
It's gonna be nice! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aaron;

Looks like who ever is doing the action machining is doing a lovely job.

When you "joint" your dbl rifle barrels to the action, do you joint them to where the circle is hard up against the draw (when action is closed) leaving a few thousands of inch clearance between hinge pin and the hinge pin cavity of the forward lump?

Posts: 348 | Location: South Carolina USA | Registered: 20 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
3" or 3 1/4"...?

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aaron Little
posted Hide Post
When fitting I strive for contact, but not enough to draw it rearward off the hinge. I know some do, but my own findings are that most don't. Future guns are going to have a wedge shaped rear lump versus the radiused type.

With modern 8620 steel, double underlug bites, screw grip top fastener, and fit on the circle I think we will be fine.

682-554-0044
Michael08TDK@yahoo.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aaron;

Thanks for your reply. Good choice of steel. Screw grip will be nice adder for leverage out beyond (to the rear of)the action face. Some English gunmakers believe the Webley Screwgrip double rifle action was the strongest ever built in UK. I also prefer the wedge instead of circle form for rear lump against the draw.

Posts: 348 | Location: South Carolina USA | Registered: 20 March 2013Reply With Quote