THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    A bunch of new doubles into the market....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A bunch of new doubles into the market....
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
https://www.gunsinternational....glish.c286_p1_o6.cfm

Scroll down to the new listings, Steve Barnett fine guns just listed a number of sweet rifles. Chris Soyza’s name was mentioned in some of the listings, I wonder if this was his collection. They are overpriced for the most part, but some sweet offerings for sure.

Posts: 1279 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Bentley Playfair 375 is in there! Ignore the price...it's $7,950 for AR members, and I have dies and factory ammunition on the way.

Posts: 20141 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love your rifle for sure, it is a great deal. Coupled with the history it is a sweet piece.

Posts: 1279 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent price on a your rifle. I see Steve Barnett is posting somewhat reasonable prices (somewhat) for his newest guns. The Peterson Collection he is selling doesn't seem to be moving very well. The double market seems to be a buyers market now.

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
I like the Watson Bros .475 No.2. My father-in-law had one of their shotguns but he sold it because his doctor said it was sending him deaf!

Posts: 5019 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I almost pulled the trigger on that Watson Bros. .475 No. 2. George will probably have that at DSC and it is a gorgeous rifle. Also available at a lower price than advertised. Comes with both stocks.

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Colin Masters:
https://www.gunsinternational....glish.c286_p1_o6.cfm

Scroll down to the new listings, Steve Barnett fine guns just listed a number of sweet rifles. Chris Soyza’s name was mentioned in some of the listings, I wonder if this was his collection. They are overpriced for the most part, but some sweet offerings for sure.

I can tell you with pretty firm knowledge, Chris didn't collect doubles!! He had a few that are now with his son. He hunted with a CZ bolt gun in 416 Rigby in his later years!!
Chris was a master in the Trade and definitely had his hands on many, many fine restorations of doubles he dug up in India, Africa and Australia. Chris was also the purveyor of the fine J&L Wilkins doubles...of which there were only 20+ built...22LR to 700NE
Rest in Peace old Buddy!!
Cheers,

470EDDY

Posts: 2600 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. He was incredibly gracious to answer my questions regarding on one of his Wilkins double rifles I was considering bidding on. He basically told me if I got it for a good price, and didn’t like it, that he would find someone on the states to take it off my hands.