Notify
Tools

These should cover it ...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted
Cool

Just loaded up some 450 NE and had to stand it along side some 600NE and 9.3x74R rounds I had loaded in the recent past.

The bullets in the 600 NE are some that Wayne of AHR fame (Bitterroot) had created and tells me are "BLAM-SPLAT" projectiles - perfect for water buckts and mellons.

Those in the 450 NE are Hornady 480grain DGX. I also loadd up a few with Remington 405gain soft points at a bit lower velocities. These too will be the choice for those pesky attack fruits.

The .366s are also Hornady in origin - 286grain Interlocs that I plan to use for the aggressive, man-eating whitetail deer of northwestern PA.

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Is he still making bullets as good as the "Bitterroot" bullets of years ago? I thought hey went 'south' a long time ago! I got a nice brownie with one of those. IMO they were as good as the "Woodies" today.

Any contact info?

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Brooks:
Is he still making bullets as good as the "Bitterroot" bullets of years ago? I thought hey went 'south' a long time ago! I got a nice brownie with one of those. IMO they were as good as the "Woodies" today.

Any contact info?

Mike,

I remember those Bitterroot bullets - that was a while ago!

I don't know if Wayne Jacobson of American Hunting Rifles and who goes by the sig "Bitterroot" here had anything to do with those bullets.

Do a search with Bitterroot as the author or go to American Hunting Rifles (AHR) and send Wayne an email.

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Yep it was a while ago that they were made. Top quality slugs though! I'd buy them again if they are still being made.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doc,

a 450-400 would nestle right in the middle of that grouping...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Doc,

a 450-400 would nestle right in the middle of that grouping...

Rich

Rich,

I just suffered - I mean celebrated - my 24th wedding anniversary and 30 years of "togetherness". sofa

While I fully agree that 450-400 would "fit just right" I am equally sure that something else would never again fit anywhere else! hammering

Also - see PM sent

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think you're good Doc.

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote