THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    HELP< HELP> HELP stolen guns
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HELP< HELP> HELP stolen guns
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 470CapstickA2
posted
Ok, this is painful to write...
Just had someone break into my house and
found the combination to my gunsafe..

If you live in the Houston area, be on the
lookout for these guns...

stolen guns.......................reward

12ga Holland and Holland side by side shotgun (old style
double barrel) not another one in this town serial
number is 34232.. was in an aluminum Briley case $23k

12 ga Perazzi MX8 shotgun 32" barrels with briley ports
adjustable comb stock was in a silver Perazzi case
serial number 136811 $10k

12 Beretta Silverhawk side by side shotgun, has a small nick
in forearm wood near the barrel, looks like a
saw mark... stamped 409 in the forearm $1200

12ga Williams and Powell side x side hammergun, slight nick
in the ribs of the barrels, small chip in stock by right
sideplate $2500

al olsen jr

281 536 4897

also 2 colt frontier scout pistols old west looking 22 lr
serial # for 1 is G134084

springfield armory 45 gap pistol

Hi Standard 22lr semi pistol ser #1791160

Colt Woodsman 22lr semi pistol

S&W 469 3 1/2" bbl 9mm TAB8052

springfield firecat 9mm pistol

colt 32 DA old timey automatic pistol

s&w model 66 stainless pistol 4" bbl ser #4k16685

German Luger 9mm last 2 digits of serial numbers is 44
it's a 4 digit serial number, all parts match except mag

s&w model 686 pistol

AMT 380 backup semi pistol

Briley/Americase heavy duty 2 barrel with tubeset holder $450

Briley/Americase lightweight case with tubeset holder $450

Perazzi one gun, one barrel case $200

Kalispell aluminum gun case $250

Briley Gun sleeve $80

al olsen

281 820 8909

NRA Life Memeber
SCI Life Member
Dallas Safari Life Member
DRSS
We Band of Bubbas

Posts: 404 | Location: Washington, DC/Arlington | Registered: 25 November 2005Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that Al.

In addition to the police report, you might get the phone book out and call/fax all of the local pawnshops...

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would also call Collectors and Antique Firearms and let them know, these types of guns could well end up there.

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
make sure to all all the pawn shops

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Al,
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Stealing those guns should be a capital crime. It is not exactly stealing bread to feed your family. I hope they hang the bastard.

If you don't mind me asking, how did they get your combination. Help us all out so that we don't suffer the same misfortune.

Wes

Posts: 213 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 15 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470CapstickA2
posted Hide Post
combo was in a security drawer in another room.. with a flashlight home defense gun
and some other stuff.. I guess they were
smart enough to figure it went to the big
green thing that looks like a safe...

NRA Life Memeber
SCI Life Member
Dallas Safari Life Member
DRSS
We Band of Bubbas

Posts: 404 | Location: Washington, DC/Arlington | Registered: 25 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Al,

I'm sorry that sucks! I worry about that everytime I leave on a trip.

I hope they catch him and I just hope you get your guns back home. It takes a lifetime to find the ones you want! Stay strong my friend.

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Al,

I hate to hear this. I'll send this link to my Houston email list and see if anyone comes up with anything.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bad news, but how did they get the combo to the safe and don't you lock the tumbler with the key? Hopefully they will surface here in the US.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a 28 gauge weatherby shotgun stolen a few years ago here in Austin by some drag rats (local vernacular meaning bums that live around the college campus). I got my gun back from the coppers after the idiot tried to sell it to a pawn shop. Most pawn shops run serial numbers through the system before buying used guns. So, I hope you had your serial numbers recorded and gave them to the police. If that's the case, your odds are a lot better. Just hope they show up in one piece and/or aren't ever involved in a crime (then you won't see them before man makes it to Mars and back; held as evidence from now until the 2nd coming, if you're into that sort of thing). So sorry to hear it.

"Sometimes nothing can be a pretty cool hand."

470 Heym; 9.3x74r Chapuis, Heym 450/400 on it's way

Posts: 653 | Location: austin, texas | Registered: 23 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Now that they have to combo to your safe, the'll be back, after your insurance pays, and take the new guns, and safe as well!

Damn, I'd like to catch those bastards in the ack, it would be their last ride, as a result, I assure you!

SONS of BITCHES! Mad

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thats enough to make a gun guy down right sick. The bastards should be castrated, no questions asked. Good luck with recovery. Give the safe # to a friend or relative, never keep in your own house.

Posts: 929 | Location: southern illinois | Registered: 29 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In most cases, statistically, you probably know the people involved in the heist in one way or another. I hope you get your guns back and you get at least one shot at the assholes.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that. I have been in the same boat, I know your pain. I had 21 long guns and 5 pistols taken about 30 years ago and am still hoping to get a chance to hear a death bead confession from a cretin person of interest. Lets hope they resist arrest.
I really do hope you get your guns back.
I will print out a copy of your inventory so I can have it at the next Market hall show in Dallas.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
470, I'm sorry for you loss and wish you the best of luck in recovering you guns and nailing those bastards! If it's any solice, I had a 450/400 stolen a couple of years ago and the cops were able to recover it.

On the plus side there is a much smaller market for high end guns and I imagine they are much harder for low lifes to sell without attracting attention. Hang in there!

Bob

DRSS

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

"PS. To add a bit of Pappasonian philosophy: this single barrel stuff is just a passing fad. Bolt actions and single shots will fade away as did disco, the hula hoop, and bell-bottomed pants. Doubles will rule the world!"

Posts: 815 | Location: MT | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Al,
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your firearms. As a result of your post, I went and found the key to my safe and locked the spindle.

I will be glad to lone you some rifles if you have a hunt coming up soon. Drop me an email.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Al, sorry to hear about losing your proud possesions.
I am O/S a lot and I worry about where to keep the keys to my safe, think I need to buy one with a combo now.
Best of luck in getting them back.
Chris

DRSS

Posts: 1975 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rockdoc:
Al, sorry to hear about losing your proud possesions.
I am O/S a lot and I worry about where to keep the keys to my safe, think I need to buy one with a combo now.
Best of luck in getting them back.
Chris

Chris

Putting the fact that your are O/S alot is not a great start to your gun security considering the Internet is so insecure and add a whole lot of info together that people post and it wouldn't be difficult to put 2 and 2 together to work out where someone lives.

Saying your going on Safari on XYZ Dates is another dead giveaway.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
oor, just realised i had my login still saved.

If i find them which i doubt will send you their teeth and ears on a homemade necklace!!!!!