Find
Notify
Tools

Making a cape-gun then???
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted
A friend of mine wants to sleeve one barrel of his 12 gauge shotgun to make it a .444 marlin or .405 win. Is this possible to do?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37892 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
It would not be a drilling, which means 3 barrels; (German for three is Drei) it would be a Cape Gun. Sure it is possible to do.

Posts: 17288 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another idea is to use a slug gun as a shotgun and carry slugs at the ready.

I did this with excellent results on birds using my Ithaca Deerslayer which also is very accurate with slugs.

Get the 'power' or optic that your eye likes instead of what someone else says.

When we go to the doctor they ask us what lens we like!

Do that with your optics.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
It would not be a drilling, which means 3 barrels; (German for three is Drei) it would be a Cape Gun. Sure it is possible to do.

Would you be willing to talk to him about doing it?

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37892 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dennis Olson in Montana is capable of this conversion. I've seen a couple of guns he did this on, and they turned out nice.

Mike

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mdstewart:
Dennis Olson in Montana is capable of this conversion. I've seen a couple of guns he did this on, and they turned out nice.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Do you have contact info for him?

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lane

Ray Atkinson does alot of business with Dennis-in fact hes turning a stock for me now--Give Ray a PM

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
Originally posted by mdstewart:

Mike

Hi Mike,

Do you have contact info for him?

Olson Gunsmithing
500 W. 1st St.
Plains, MT 59859

406-826-3790

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
dpcd has taken the job. Thanks all!

J. Lane Easter, DVM