THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Looks like a bargain - even with the small stock damage
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looks like a bargain - even with the small stock damage
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted
https://auctions.holtsauctione...o=++132130&saletype=

Aaron Little should jump on this.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11241 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Buying guns long distance from Holt's is not always a pleasant experience. They won't ship firearms and thus you have to deal with a short list of people in the UK who will. Not cheap and I have twice had guns damaged and then the finger-pointing begins. Needless to say you end up owning the problem. They don't do the best job of describing bore condition or mechanical faults. Bottom line, after buying over a 100 guns from Nick Holt, when I appealed to him to sort out a mess that his minions dumped on me, he was arrogant to the point that I no longer do business with him.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2932 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had the pleasure of dealing with Holt's for well over ten years. Both at distance and face to face. I have always found them fair, professional and helpful. As has everyone that I know from having dealt in firearms since 1982 has also had dealings with them. The exact opposite of what is described in the post above.

Posts: 6821 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
But to the original question. Would I buy the rifle that is referred to? No it looks over finished, over restored and over done.

Certainly it doesn't have the appearance of a sleeper. But that sale is now done. The realised price for Lot 2090A was UK Pounds 1260.00

Posts: 6821 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have called a few times enquiring for some descriptions of their items. Most cases have been about guns. I must say they are not experts. I would never bit on anything without actually standing with the particular item in my hands. This doesn`t go for Holt`s alone but on all auctions.

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote