New
Find
Notify
Tools

375 Flanged CIP
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anybody have the CIP drawing for this round laying about? I'm specifically looking for rim diameter. Thanks.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
.....sorry...maybe should have been specific.....375 Flanged Magnum.

Thanks.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gary:

As drawn by Kynoch, max rim diameter is .572", max rim thickness is .060", and max base diameter is .517".

Here are current standard CIP dimensions for the flanged cartridges standardized by CIP.

http://www.intermin.fi/intermi...A/$file/TABIIcal.pdf

Current CIP dimensions for the .375 Flanged Magnum are the same as the Kynoch drawing, except for rim diameter, which CIP has at .565" instead of .572". CIP min chamber rim diameter is .582", so brass made to max Kynoch rim diameter should chamber.
--------------------------------------
"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything else just burns gunpowder."

Posts: 1742 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
400....THANKS! I just mic'd 2 different pieces of brass and got rim dia of .5625 (Rigby) and .5695 (H&H)....so the .565 is in the middle. Both rounds were fired with no problems, but I was a bit concerned when i saw that much difference.
Thanks for the post.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC