THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Sheep with the Sabatti 45-70
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sheep with the Sabatti 45-70
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of touchdown88
posted
Just got home from a deployment and got word from my dad that lady with some mouflon cross sheep herd needs a couple of rams culled from the herd. I was going to wait until the hunt was over but couldn't.

I made up a reduced load yesterday with 405gr cast and 30gr of 5744. I didn't put it on paper but blew the hell out of a small stick with both barrels.

Posts: 345 | Location: Ogden, Utah | Registered: 13 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
What load was it regulated at?

That's the one you need to work with. As you see other will just go downwind some where and not hit the target.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of touchdown88
posted Hide Post
Here are the pictures. I couldn't be happier with the gun now. Both of these sheep ended up with a lot of wool and the owner wanted them gone. The ram I shot was standing in a group of 4 and I was able to sneek the shot in and get him.

Posts: 345 | Location: Ogden, Utah | Registered: 13 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of touchdown88
posted Hide Post
The regulation load is a 325gr Hornady ftx bullet. I need to do some handloads to get it more dialed in, but the reduced load with 405gr lead bullets did the job this time.

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Good job,you did well,I have used lead bullets in my DR's and they work just fine tu2

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
touchdown88 Welcome to DRSS:
It sounds like you are having a great time with your rifle and already had put her to good use.
patriot
I can’t wait till I get back home too, so I can pick up my rifles from my gun dealer. one of them is like yours but in 9.3x74R.
Smiler
Your rifle looks very pretty and well proportioned in your hands,
Wish you best of luck and many wonderful times with it on the hunting trails.
tu2
Good hunting/shooting and God’s best.

Malek

Best regards

Malek
Good Hunting/Shooting and God's best.

Posts: 812 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: 25 December 2010Reply With Quote