New
Find
Notify
Tools

double rifle re-regulation
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just received photos from New England Custom Guns in regard to my Browning 30-06 Double rifle I had sent them to mount a quarter rib and scope bases on. I had asked them at the same time to re-regulate the gun to shoot the new Hornday Superformance 165 gr sst load at 2980 fps, well to day I was e-mailed a target that shows the gun shooting four shots into less that 1.25 inches each pair bottom and top was less .50 inch apart combined four shots was less than 1.25 tall and 1.25 wide at 100 yards this beating the Browning 1.50 inch original requirement. They do outstanding work.

Posts: 243 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 06 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Congrats!!!

Each time I sent them a "project", I was unsure if I would live long enough to see it.

What was their turnaround time?

Don

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1706 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I sent the gun Feb 1, 2010 got bid on Feb 24 approved the same day, was told this morning the gun is done quarter rib with scope mounts(Zeiss 1.5x6x42 Varipont scope was mounted) aperture rear sight installed on the quarter rib, front sling swivel was added and recoil pad installed. and re-regulated all this work is now complete the gun is at re-blue with Doug Turmbull and was told that it should take a couple of weeks for that so it should return at the end of this month

One of Us
posted Hide Post
dancing clap dancing
That's great news! I hope it serves you very well for
a LONG TIME! It is a Belgian made rifle, correct?

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes its was brand new 1978 centennial two barrel set in 30-06 and 20ga unfired.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I would love to see photos of the finished rifle!

Before and afters would be even better.

Thanks and congrats,

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will post photos when it returns.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Great, thanks. Looking forward to them.

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got the photos of the rifle that New England Custom Gun completed for but for the life of me I can't figure out how to add the photos anyone who can help I would appertain the help I can send them in an e-mail but can't find away to add them here

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rnb:
I got the photos of the rifle that New England Custom Gun completed for but for the life of me I can't figure out how to add the photos anyone who can help I would appertain the help I can send them in an e-mail but can't find away to add them here

Click here for info on posting pictures.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...1325/m/951100671/p/1

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the size of the photos my first attempt.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The end of Kansas deer season is here only one more day left of rifle season, I have spent the last 10 days hunting with the Browning double rifle and have never had so much fun the Monday before the hunt I took it to the range and checked the scope and found that it almost shot dead on at 100 yards the first target was one inch low and the four shot group was 13/8 by 11/4 each pair was with end 3/8 inch and the next pair was 3/4 inch about 1 3/4 below dead center I ra1sed the scope up 3 inches and shot a group of four shot at 150 yards that 1 1/2 x1 3/4 inches the first pair was 1/2 inch apart and the second pair 3/4 inch apart and the two groups was 1/2 inch apart added more elevation and fired one last shot into the group and it was 2 inches above the last group fired I was very happy. On the first day of the hunt all I could see was does or very young deer not worth shooting but I found that a double rifle was very easy to handle in a ground blind so I was very happy the next tree day was was helping people from out of state fill there tags and had a ball especially with the kids all one of the six young people was able to fill there tags. It was so much fun watching there faces with there first deer. No one shot a record but no one cared the just have fun. The day after they left I shot my first deer of the season it was young doe that weighted in a 150lb not the largest but she will taste good the rifle shot was about 75 yards and she wasn't able to move after she was hit it was able to head shoot her. I hunted the next 4 days and only saw the larger deer out of range 300 plus yards so this morning I went down to the farm to remove the blind and clean up the area and I walked up to the blind at around 10:00 am there was a large buck 5x5 that came out of cover just yards away from the blind and I was able to take him at less that 50 yards so it better to be lucky and good, I am very happy with the rifle and I think it will be my go to blind gun, well till I buy something else Hope every one has a good season. RNB