THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Doctor Optic and German pivot mounts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Doctor Optic and German pivot mounts
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I wanted to share some pictures of a QD Recknagel mount for the Doctor Optic sight using the pivot mounts.
Looks like a good solution for using a reflex sight with a gun already set up with pivot bases.
The rear base is adjustable from 2.2" to 3.7"
I have not been out with it yet, more feedback after I have shot the gun.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1327 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Would sure be convenient but it looks awfully high.

Mike

Posts: 21392 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Same height as a scope would be

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
I typed what Jines typed, then I thought what Ken typed, then I deleted my comment.

Go figure.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
I just installed my Docter Optics III sight on one of these mounts I got from Ken. It looks great on my V-C 450/400 round action, and it is not too high even though it looks like it might be from the side.

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Is there any plans to make an adapter for the EAW style swing that locks down with a lever?

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice looking set up there Ken. Let us know how well it works.
rick

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Brooks:
Is there any plans to make an adapter for the EAW style swing that locks down with a lever?

Yes, but not a clue when it will be available

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike, I have one that fits my Chapuis. It locks on the same base as the lever type mount. Mine is for a Picatinny base like you can get for the Burris Fast Fire.

NRA Endowment Member
DRSS

Posts: 231 | Location: Arkansas Delta | Registered: 05 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ken, what does the price tag look like? Would be nice to have one for my VC.

Posts: 156 | Location: Preferably in the woods with my Verney-Carron .450/400 NE double rifle | Registered: 07 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fo Fiddy NE:

Ken charged me $240 delivered for mine.

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by subsailor74:

We'll need to ask for the "Good Guy Price" then!

jumping

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Not a big difference but it was $230 delivered.
Both EAW and ERA products are not inexpensive but are first class.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Gents,

I had a Recknagle catalog once and they also have a mount similar to this one that has a Weaver/Picatinny type rail, and another one where the part in the center is much lower than the ends. Basically the center part would nearly touch the rib so the sight would be mounted quite a bit lower.

I will try to find the catalog.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ken,
Have you ever thought of investigating the Henneberger pivot mounts through Lippstadt?

Can't speak to the quality of the mounts but uppers and lowers are less expensive than EAW and ERA. I've seen examples of Henneberger's gunwork and it has always been very good.

Just wondering...

Posts: 1319 | Location: MN and ND | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kebco:
quote:
quote:

Not a big difference but it was $230 delivered.
Both EAW and ERA products are not inexpensive but are first class.

Sorry Ken - you are of course correct! That's what I get for posting before my first cup of coffee in the morning!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul, Is this the one you are referring too? Page 59 in the catalog. Looks like it would get the red dot about as low as possible. My only question would be the space between the bases. It doesn't look like it is adjustable like the one Ken has. http://www.recknagel.de/Joomla...Aufschubmontagen.pdf

quote:
Originally posted by PSmith:
Gents,

I had a Recknagle catalog once and they also have a mount similar to this one that has a Weaver/Picatinny type rail, and another one where the part in the center is much lower than the ends. Basically the center part would nearly touch the rib so the sight would be mounted quite a bit lower.

I will try to find the catalog.

NRA Endowment Member
DRSS

Posts: 231 | Location: Arkansas Delta | Registered: 05 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Bob, yep that's the one I was wondering about. Lost my hard drive last week and all sorts of things I had saved, thanks for the link.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
IIRC the Doctor optic adjusts from the rear. With an RMR, which adjusts from the top and side, you could sit it much lower in the middle so that just the glass was above the mount.

Posts: 956 | Location: PNW | Registered: 27 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is there one like this for claw mounts on a double?

Posts: 159 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: 15 February 2006Reply With Quote