THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    butt plate on Chapuis 9.3x74
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

butt plate on Chapuis 9.3x74
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
How bad is the recoil with the wooden butt plate? Is it removeable? (So I could replace it w. a similar shaped limbsaver.)

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Posts: 863 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Light the fire and find out! I'm going to keep mine there!

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Brooks:
Light the fire and find out! I'm going to keep mine there!

Mike, did you receive yours yet?

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Nope, not yet but I'm hoping that it gets here in a week.( Cross your fingers for me!)
I've got a Pedersoli 9.3X74R and the recoil isn't bad at all. When I first got it I ran 3 boxes thru it and the next day I didn't hurt much. The Chapuis is a lighter rifle but I don't expect much more recoil.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I talked to Dale this morning -- anyone know how to spell his last name?

He said the wooden butt plate comes off w. a couple screws, so I can just replace it w. a limbsaver if I have to.

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Posts: 863 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Nygaard

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:

one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
Mike, let us know when she arrives!

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
I will do that. I've got pics of it already and the wood is very nice. But I want to see it myself!

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep,I'm waiting on mine too.Should be any day now.And no,the recoil is not that bad on that cal.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 4394 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote