THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Looked at Sabatti 9.3 & 45-70 today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looked at Sabatti 9.3 & 45-70 today
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Went to Cabelas today and looked at these. They looked OK. Accessible innards were alright. You're getting what you pay for. In fact, if you added ejectors and nicer wood you'd be close to what a Chapuis would cost. No Sabatti big bores there today. And the pics of the big bores I've seen have always been examples with nice wood, of course. To buy a 9.3 Sabatti it would have to have nice wood. This said, Ive seen Merkels with comparable marginal wood.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Showbart:
You're getting what you pay for.

I can't disagree with anything you've written - particularly this line.

Maybe I would add "finally between "You're" and "getting".

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Depends on the maker. But yes, in many of these rifles from many makers they are marking up the big bores a lot.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's a shame you can't handle the one they had at the Boise Cabela's. 450-400, $5K, and worth every penny. Quality well beyond that pricing point.

If, if, if...

If I were not well set with my Chapuis 9,3x74 and my Searcy 470 NE I would order a pair of these today!

The Double Market has seen a new dawn and budget standard. Now, to get them to fit a set of 20 gauge barrels to them as an option.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Post Falls store had a couple 450's when I has there a couple of weeks and they sure looked worth the money to me. Damn tempting.

Posts: 1577 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote