Find
Notify
Tools

Good sight option
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
http://www.seeallopensight.com
saw a guy shooting a rifle with this sight today. He let me try it and I hit 4 for 4 it seems to be a good concept might work good on a double rifle

D R S S member as of 4/30/2014.

Posts: 56 | Location: Spring Hill, TN USA | Registered: 04 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting concept. I have not been able to use open sights in a while, "old man" eye sight thing! For hand guns I use a micro red dot sight. Burris and Leupold are a couple that make em. Tough as nails. 3.5 MOA is good enough at 100 yrds. Fast and compace. If I ever own a DR thats what I would use.

Posts: 724 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like they are still fairly new. They appear to be mechanically simple and don't need batteries. That should make for a reliable sight.

I wouldn't mind giving one a try.

NRA Benefactor
TSRA Life
DRSS
Brno ZP-149 45-120 NE

Posts: 937 | Location: Corpus Christi, Texas | Registered: 09 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
Really interesting concept - I see no reason why it would not work well on a double rifle. I hope somebody here tires one and posts field test results.

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My question would be, how will it hold up under the recoil stress of a hard kicking big bore?

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Recoil is one issue. A second is whether your head will be too high. Not good for accuracy and not good with a thumper.

Posts: 10132 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote