Find
Notify
Tools

Had The Pleasure.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted
I don't own a double rifle and the only one I've seen in my 50 years was when I was 9 years old...

This past weekend I was at the range and the gentleman next to me not only had one but two with him...

The first he shot was a Merkel in 9.3 x 74R.. It was a hunting rifle and just absolutely in beautiful shape...

Then he showed me pictures of his elephant hunt (a couple of years ago I believe) with his Searcy in 470 NE.. He then proceded to take that out and shoot it.. I thought the Merkel was a good looking rifle... WOW is all I have to say about the Searcy...

Just wanted to pass this on as it was a special event for me to see two such wonderful doubles... Both were not only good looking but were actually hunting rifles being shot right there in front of me...

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was 46 when I first shot a double. Try to see

if anyone on this site or www.nitroexpress.com

lives near you who owns a double that will

allow you to shoot it. It worked for ME!

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Keep your eyes pealed for the next DRSS hunt. Where people show off there rifles hunt and spend time at the range. Do a search for threads like this. https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/760101804/m/928104706
there will be more in the future.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote