Find
Notify
Tools

Firing pin bushing tool
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted
The little 3-holed disk surrounding the firing pin for the left barrel of my Searcy .500 NE has become loosened, and I'd like to tighten it properly. Is this the tool I need?

http://www.midwayusa.com/produ...itori-b-ss-b-99-b-78

Also, if I back it out all the way, are there any springs to watch out for? (don't want to lose anything)

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3110 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
That ad doesn't say what spacing the pins are. Either call and find out (after you measure yours) or build one/

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do believe that it is. Same one I have.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
It looks like it would work. I have one I use for my Searcy doubles that I got from Brownell's. It is called a "Firing Pin Bushing Tool" and is listed as part "590-017-003". Brownell's also sells Replacement pins for the bushing tool. They come in a 3 pack and are part "590-017-203". I have used this tool on two of my Searcy doubles, and it works. I always carry this tool, replacement pins, and extra firing pins to Africa with me. I have never had to use it, but it is there "just in case". If you back it all the way our, you will find the firing pin in a cone shaped spring. It is not going to go flying out of the striker hole, so no worries about that. The spring just keeps the firing pin correctly aligned in the recess.
I just checked Brownell's using the part number for the search, and the tool shows up as being on back order. It is also a Menck tool, so my guess is that it is the same one Midway has in stock.

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Does that tool work on your new .375 from Butch, too, Dave?

Regards, Tim

Posts: 1322 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
It works on my .470 and my 450/400, so I am assuming it will also work on the .375 Flanged as well (whenever I get it, that is!).

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote