THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Baikal 221 DR Regulation Instructions Needed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Baikal 221 DR Regulation Instructions Needed
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Somewhere I saw regulation instructions for the SP221 SXS Baikals. Does anyone have a link to them??

Thanks,
L2S

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
There used to be instructions on EAA's website Bruce. Have you checked there?

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I didn't see them there, but that's not unusual anymore. hilbily

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Bruce:

I can't find the links either, luckily though I had copied the instructions on my desk top I tried to copy it out but it seems like I am not going to able to copy it out. Hopefully I will be able to figure some thing out to get it to you.

Best regards

Malek
Good shooting/hunting and God's best.

Best regards

Malek
Good Hunting/Shooting and God's best.

Posts: 812 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: 25 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
It's not on their web site any more but here is what I did; shoot it. Move the regulation dial two or 3 holes, using a little punch or nail. Shoot it again and you will see the results. Repeat step 2 until it shoots like you want. Mine came into regulation within one inch at 50 yards with only 3 tries and I first moved it the wrong way. What would be good is if I remembered which way to move it but I don't. But I think it is; Forward spreads the barrels and tightens the shots. It is very easy and simple to do.

Posts: 17291 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Bruce:

I tried to upload the info/pix on photo bucket and paste them to a reply here, no luck. So the best thing I can do is to describe the way to regulate the horizontal impact of the barrels, as for the vertical they don’t have any provisions to regulate them.
To move the point of impact of the right barrel away from the left barrel (move them apart) buy the way the right barrel is the one that moves while the left is stationary. You have to turn the jack screw toward the muzzles and vice versa.
As for the elevation adjustments turn the front sight with a needle nose pliers clock wise to raise the point of impact and vise versa to bring them down.

Best regards

Malek

Best regards

Malek

Posts: 812 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: 25 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Well I had it backwards. I had a 50% chance and blew it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Many thanks to everyone. I have it shooting parallel now. dancing

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A bit after the fact, but here is the link.
http://eaacorp.com/wp-content/...arrel_Regulation.pdf

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
It was more fun for me to just shoot it, turn the wheel and see what happened.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
Well I had it backwards. I had a 50% chance and blew it.

Well don't feel bad I had to read the manual many times over and I am not sure I got it right yet.

And yes it is a lot of fun to blast at the 18" steel gong @ 100yds and double tap it every time with one of them babies.

Good for you Bruce now go to town and blast away.

Marty thanks for coming through with the link, I think that is where I got my info copied from.

Best regards

Malek

Best regards

Malek

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that link, my 45-70 just got in and it will be interesting to see how it shoots. My son has a 30-06 and I was impressed as to how straightforward it was to bring the barrels into decent regulation at 50 yards.

Posts: 159 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: 15 February 2006Reply With Quote