New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rigby 470
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Someone want to lend me a LOT of money pretty quickly?

For sale by auction through Sotheby's - Gleneagles Hotel 28th Aug, Lot 25

made 1908. NICE!!!

Hope you enjoy the picture.

- stu

Posts: 1210 | Location: Zurich | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
o my god that is nicer than nice
one of the finest double rifles ever made

Posts: 488 | Location: British Columbia Canada  | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Champlins has a lovely 470 Rigby for sale on their web site.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
Beautiful rifle with the Bissel Rising Bite if I am not mistaken. I have a thing for old Rigby rifles. Way Cool!

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
DESCRIPTION
24-inch Krupp steel barrels with full length file cut rib, raised foresight and rearsight with folding leafs to 300, Rigby Bissel patent rising topbolt extension, the frame, characteristic locks and top-lever with fine scroll engraving and retaining some original hardening colour, fences carved with ferns, safety with locking button, 14 1/2-inch well figured stock with pistol grip and rubber recoil pad, sling swivels, nitro proof, in its canvas case with makers label.
WEIGHT
10lb. 2oz.

SOLD for GBP 21,600 including buyer’s premium (approx. US$ 41,000). Just a touch over my maximum price Wink

- stu

One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling just looking at it. I can spare about $25.00. Will that help you out?

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1253 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Brain1,
Thanks for the offer. Very touching.

Of course I should have requested $25 subscriptions from 1,640 AR members, then we could have purchased this rifle and donated it to an appropriate private research institute (like my place). Why do I get such great ideas after it’s been sold???
Big Grin

- stu

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stu C:
DESCRIPTION
24-inch Krupp steel barrels with full length file cut rib, raised foresight and rearsight with folding leafs to 300, Rigby Bissel patent rising topbolt extension, the frame, characteristic locks and top-lever with fine scroll engraving and retaining some original hardening colour, fences carved with ferns, safety with locking button, 14 1/2-inch well figured stock with pistol grip and rubber recoil pad, sling swivels, nitro proof, in its canvas case with makers label.
WEIGHT
10lb. 2oz.

SOLD for GBP 21,600 including buyer’s premium (approx. US$ 41,000). Just a touch over my maximum price Wink

- stu

You missed a great opportunity. Rifles like that don't come up for sale very often.

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The one at Champlin's is nice but it has been rebored. Too much money for an altered English gun.I am pretty sure that George has taken the gun on consignment and the asking price is that of the owner.

quote:
Originally posted by LJS:
Champlins has a lovely 470 Rigby for sale on their web site.

Posts: 104 | Location: Chile | Registered: 21 February 2006Reply With Quote