Find
Notify
Tools

Thanks to two great guys
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted
Just wanted to publicly thank two great DRSS guys. Tony Black and Mike Davis. They both were "life savers" during the DSC weekend.

Long story short, my truck had problems Friday night and I was stuck on I-35 with two other AR's. I called Tony for help and inspite of the late hour he came out and made some call to locate a wrecker. Staying till the tow truck hooked up and towed it back to the hotel.

I was unable to repair the truck before the Sunday closing of the DSC. Mike was kind enough to drive 45+ minutes from his house to move my gear back to the hotel.

Imagine, DRSS members going out of their way to help "Bolt Rifle Trash" lol

Keith

PS: got the truck fixed this AM and made it home. thumb

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
What was killing the "juice"?

Ernest

Posts: 7592 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Keith,
Glad to see you made it home OK.

Mike Davis
DRSS

Posts: 167 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Judge, I did not switch fuel tanks in time and got air into the lines. Went to crank out the air and the starter died, still had plenty of battery power.

Keith

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hog Killer:
Just wanted to publicly thank two great DRSS guys. Tony Black and Mike Davis. They both were "life savers" during the DSC weekend.

Good story, there are exceptions, but most hunters are like worldwide brothers (brothers in hunts?) some time I think that all we have the same blood group " RH+ (Rifle Handgun +) Very Nice Gentlemans.Thanks

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Guillermo Amestoy:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hog Killer:

Good story, there are exceptions, but most hunters are like worldwide brothers (brothers in hunts?) some time I think that all we have the same blood group " RH+ (Rifle Handgun +) Very Nice Gentlemans.Thanks

Keith is a DRSS member in training.....I have a feeling some day he will break the code!

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
keith is a super nice guy... and he can use my chapuis anytime he wants!!!!!!!!

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2833 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Roscoe, if a person only needs to like double rilfes to claim membership in DRSS. Then I am well beyond that point. I love to shoot them at any oppertunity. I will claim the DRSS membership after I actually OWN my first DR, not before.

It has been my great pleasure to shoot at least one of and some several different of the following DRs.

9.3x74, 450-400NE, 500-416, 450#2NE, 470NE, 500NE, and 577NE.

Hopefully I will get my first DR, it is only a matter of $$$.

Keith