THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    "British Sporting Rifle Cartridges" Bill Fleming
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"British Sporting Rifle Cartridges" Bill Fleming
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted
Hello,

Well title says it all.
I have been searching for a copy of this book for years (8), I actually was able to track down the Author.
He sold me what he said was his last copy.
I am really glad to finally add this to my reference library.
After a long fair chase, just wanted to share, my little victory.

Cheers
Nitro450exp

"Man is a predator or at least those of us that kill and eat our own meat are. The rest are scavengers, eating what others kill for them." Hugh Randall
DRSS, BASA
470 Krieghoff, 45-70 inserts, 12 ga paradox, 20 ga DR Simson/Schimmel, 12 ga DR O/U Famars, 12 ga DR SXS Greener

Posts: 813 | Location: USA / RSA | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You wanted something,
you got it, be happy! tu2

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
I tracked him down about a month and a half ago thru the forums and such. About 12 other folks contacted me afterwards and I gave them his contact emails. Mr Fleming is such a gentleman to talk to on the phone.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
Mike

Yes, Thanks to you I was able to track him down and contact him.
He is a gentleman, he offered up that he has twice as much information about British cartridges, since he puplished his book.
He gave me his number and told me If I had any questions or wanted to chat, to give him a call.

Quality people are getting hard to come by.

Regards
Nitro450exp

"Man is a predator or at least those of us that kill and eat our own meat are. The rest are scavengers, eating what others kill for them." Hugh Randall
DRSS, BASA
470 Krieghoff, 45-70 inserts, 12 ga paradox, 20 ga DR Simson/Schimmel, 12 ga DR O/U Famars, 12 ga DR SXS Greener

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
It'd be nice if he'd do a second edition with the 'new' information.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
Mike

I thought and said as much, but it did not seem to raise much of a response.
I know a few authors who when broached with similar ideas were at best luke warm to the concept.
Publishing a factoral reference work, must be one hell of a job not soon to be repeated.

Cheers

DRSS, BASA

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, and welcome to the club!!

If anyone else has the urge, I know a buddy that still has a stash of new ones he bought from the author.

PM me and I will put you in touch.

470EDDY

Posts: 2600 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote