THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Best method for holding barrels
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best method for holding barrels
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
As in when you clean barrels.

In a vice? Held by the hooks? And while we are at it, how often?

Many Thanks

HBH

One of Us
Picture of bigfats
posted Hide Post
I disassemble the barrels and lay them, cushioned by rags, on a flat table surface and then swab, wirebrush and wipe from the breach end until clean. This is a ritual after every outing and before putting the rifle away.

Jim

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
I use the wood lined wood vice on my wood working table to clamp the underlugs with a padded wood block yoke just in front of the front sling swivel and strong bungi-cord to hold the barrels down , and scrub the barrels from the chamber end. I put an old cake pan under the muzzles to catch the solvent. Works like a charm!

......................... tu2

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. Just getting started with a double rifle and I knew someone here could advise.

Many Thanks

HBH