THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    where to get .450 3 1/4" brass?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

where to get .450 3 1/4" brass?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I need some .450 brass and all I am seeing in stock is Bertram. Heard too many negative things about that brand and wanted Something else. Hornberner/Hirtenberner/whatever that is-do they make .450? What about Jamison? I searched several ways on google and never found anything in stock.

So what is your favorite .450 brass and who has it in stock?

Thanks!

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
Is that the same 450 Nitro Express? If so check out http://www.custombrassandbullets.com/horneberbrass.html

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can you cut down a 470?

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
The 470 & 450 are different cases.

Contact Jamison's and see if they have any or when they will. This is your most economical route as Jamison’s cases usually sell for @ $2.00 while the others sell for closer to $4.00.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

one of us
posted Hide Post
Do you know hos to contact Jamison's? I googled them last night and never could find their company web site-only other sites selling their brass.

I emailed custombrassandbullets and have not heard back from them. Given the way the item looked on their site, I think the .450 is out of stock, as was other brass I tried to get from there a few weeks ago.

Thanks!

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Marc, let me know how you make out. If you strike out, I may have some I can sell you, depending on how much you want.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Custom brass is out, as I had figuired. Have Jamison's number and will call them Monday

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Marc!

I ahve 20 Bell new cases. Does your rifle use the thick or thin rim?

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I second the Jamison brass. I bought 100 pieces of 450 NE and so far have loaded about 40...all are excellent. I think you can get it at Grafs and Huntington's.

Good luck.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
Someone asked if you need the the thick or thin rimmed cases. The .45-3 1/4" sharps, I believe has the same dimensions with the possible exception of the rim thickness. I have and you can turn the rims as thin as you need for your rifle using this brass;

http://www.buffaloarms.com/browse.cfm/4,6589.htm

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
MidWayUSA will be carrying Jamison 450/400 3 1/4
450/400 Brass

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check out Huntington,s they have their own brass with the headstamp HDS Ive reloaded my brass at least three times with good success not only that but they are easy to work with....
good luck..

Posts: 1626 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
an awful lot of HDS is made by bertram...be careful, ask before you buy.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Masterifleman:
Someone asked if you need the the thick or thin rimmed cases. The .45-3 1/4" sharps, I believe has the same dimensions with the possible exception of the rim thickness.

No, they're not even close. The .450 is a larger diameter case.

I think the brass Marc is looking for is the .450 BPE or the .450 NE (they're the same), which is thin rim. The thick rim (.065") .450 Basic is used for forming other cartridges that use the basic case, not .450s.
----------------------------------------------
"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything else just burns gunpowder."

Posts: 1742 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Marc, I believe I've got 60-70 Bell 450 basic thick rimmed cases I no longer need. I'm out of the country so I'd have to describe their location to my wife. Pm me if this will help and I'll get the ball rolling.- Bob

DRSS

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

"PS. To add a bit of Pappasonian philosophy: this single barrel stuff is just a passing fad. Bolt actions and single shots will fade away as did disco, the hula hoop, and bell-bottomed pants. Doubles will rule the world!"

Posts: 815 | Location: MT | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote