THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    My Chapuis makes its second kill in North America
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Chapuis makes its second kill in North America
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Honkey
posted
UPDATE

I shot one, and a friend of mine shot a bear on a different bait about 1 mile away from me.

http://share.shutterfly.com/sh...&sid=8AZNXDhq3atFGkQ

The old 9.3 x74r Chapuis did quite a job on him.

The first thing this rifle killed was a coyote the night before I shot the bear.

NRA Life
DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

The poster formerly known as Uglystick

Posts: 512 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Sounds like a good way to break in your rifle.

Best Regards,
Sid

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
Alexis de Tocqueville

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Posts: 602 | Location: East Texas, USA | Registered: 16 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great hunt !!!!

DRSS

Posts: 2282 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice bears.

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good shooting.

A 9,3 double is a great bear rifle.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Honkey
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone...

This is also the first time I have ever used a Hornady bullet on anything. I have to say they are impressive. I don't know if I would use them on African stuff but they sure did a job on that bear.

NRA Life
DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 512 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice bear Honk. I used my double .400/,360 (make brass from 9.3X74R) on my first bear. The medium bore doubles are the best boar/bear rifles ever created. Congrats, man.
---------------------------------------
"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything else just burns gunpowder."

Posts: 1742 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RAC
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. Nice bear and a beautiful rifle.

I hunt, not to kill, but in order not to have played golf....

DRSS

Posts: 839 | Location: LA | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Honkey
posted Hide Post
Thanks Again

NRA Life
DRSS
Searcy 470 NE