New
Find
Notify
Tools

Source for ammo boxes???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've never bought any factory ammo for my 470 NE. I've bought new brass and handloaded everything I've shot. Getting tired of storing my ammo in ziploc bags and I can't find any of the plastic ammo boxes that the 470s will fit in. Is there a source for the cardboard boxes like factory ammo would come it? I would like to have at least one box like that to fit in the spot my fitted case has for it.

Posts: 37 | Location: Central Missouri | Registered: 13 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TedH:
I've never bought any factory ammo for my 470 NE. I've bought new brass and handloaded everything I've shot. Getting tired of storing my ammo in ziploc bags and I can't find any of the plastic ammo boxes that the 470s will fit in. Is there a source for the cardboard boxes like factory ammo would come it? I would like to have at least one box like that to fit in the spot my fitted case has for it.

I don't know about any carboard that would fit it. I use plastic ones from Midway.
You may have to buy a box of 5 from Kynoch or Westley Richards to get one for your case. that's what I did when i want one. I have seen Kynoch selling empty boxes in limited quanties at SCI in years past, don't know if they still do it or not as I quit going to SCI and go to DSC

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
I use the MTM 10 round BIG GAME AMMO WALLET.
Code; BUF-10-70 BROWN

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use the MTM Case Guard H50 - it holds 50 rounds of .470 no worries.

Cheers.

GG

Posts: 500 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
Not cardboard, but these plastic slip-top boxes fit my 475 3 1/4 rounds like the cat's meow.

Click on image to open a link to the page.

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oops.......sorry Ted - should have read your question more thoroughly - forget about my reply.

Cheers.

GG

Posts: 500 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote