Notify
Tools

Field Grade 577 N. E.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm going to make 5 field grade 577's.
Spec's:
Boxlock, 25 to 26" barrels,13.5 to 13.75 lbs., Color cased action, LOP to fit the customer, hinged front trigger, extractors only.
8 to 10 months delivery time. Delivery time starts when I have received all five orders.
There will be no options available.
$7,000.00 Deposit and balance when finished. $15,000.00 plus shipping is total price.
This will be very nice rifles for the money
Butch

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Butch,

You hadda make Biebs cry, didnt you CRYBABY

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Paul

Biebs already has one......"with" ejectors! Big Grin

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1706 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What will be the balance due?

Bake

Posts: 113 | Location: Hills of SW MO | Registered: 04 June 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Do ejectors make them too heavy?

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19366 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will,
Earnest Gilbert just called to inform me that the total price wasn't included in the first posting.
By the way one has already been sold.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Earnest Gilbert just called to inform me that the total price wasn't included in the first posting.

Ernest...always the Lawyer!!!!

Posts: 20164 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you've never shot a .577, & I hadn't when I ordered mine, you may be thinking that a rifle that big is just too much to handle - to be truthful I had second thoughts after I ordered mine. I also have a Chapuis .470, & as far as I'm concerned, the .577 is every bit as manageable as the .470. Two of my hunting buddies have also shot my Searcy .577, and they both said the same thing. So, you may as well have the big gun, because - & Butch told me it was because it fit me- it's not any more difficult to master than a 10.5 pound .470. Plus when your carrying it, you're definitely "The Man".

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1587 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A double is meant for close range, ultimate reliability, and big stopping power. To me, the 577 NE is the epitome of what a double rifle should be.

Posts: 20164 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frank Beller:
If you've never shot a .577, & I hadn't when I ordered mine, you may be thinking that a rifle that big is just too much to handle - to be truthful I had second thoughts after I ordered mine. I also have a Chapuis .470, & as far as I'm concerned, the .577 is every bit as manageable as the .470. Two of my hunting buddies have also shot my Searcy .577, and they both said the same thing. So, you may as well have the big gun, because - & Butch told me it was because it fit me- it's not any more difficult to master than a 10.5 pound .470. Plus when your carrying it, you're definitely "The Man".

I agree Frank, though I have not yet shot mine. I figure that if I can handle my 600 Overkill throwing 900 grains at 2400 fps from an 11 pound rifle, I shouldnt have too much trouble with a 14 1/2pound rifle shoving one at 1850 to 2050. Same with a 585AHR vs. 577NE. Of course assuming a properly fitted rifle ...

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
A double is meant for close range, ultimate reliability, and big stopping power. To me, the 577 NE is the epitome of what a double rifle should be.

Yep! tu2

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
Butch,
Im a lefty?????????????

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3554 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nganga,

money only comes in one size and color. Start throwing them dead prezidents at Butch and he can make it happen.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rich

quote:
There will be no options available.

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3554 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
try calling him...?

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Left hand, Right hand, same price. I don't punish the lefties.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch,
Thanks.

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch is a good man to deal with.

Rich
DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A man can learn to fire this caliber D/R. I've fired Doc52's/577NitroExpress's

Searcy 577 NE 10 or 12 times in one outing. You must respect this caliber. It

is a significant recoil experience. I say again though, if you want such a special

caliber rifle then the recoil should not stop you. Get one and learn to shoot it.

You will be happy that you put in the effort to do so. A wonderful caliber that

has endlessly more appeal than that useless 700 NE.

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted 09 July 2010 19:15 Hide Post
Butch,
Thanks.

Daisy Red Rider
Crossman Powermaster .22

Steve you dog.....a lefty 577....now no hippo is safe!!

Hmmmm....may have to sell my Demas 450/400 and look into one of those. I have a 375 FL and a 450 Butch-gun already....FINE pieces of iron.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gary,
I figure if I had a 750 grain bullet instead of "just" a 500gr, I wouldn't miss 4 times.
Roll Eyes
Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigFiveJack:
A man can learn to fire this caliber D/R. I've fired Doc52's/577NitroExpress's

Searcy 577 NE 10 or 12 times in one outing. You must respect this caliber. It

is a significant recoil experience. I say again though, if you want such a

special caliber rifle then the recoil should not stop you. Get one and learn to

shoot it. You will be happy that you put in the effort to do so.
A wonderful caliber

that has endless more appeal than that useless 700 NE.

Jack,

I couldn't agree with you more on that statement about recoil. beer

Still have no idea why you are so uptight about the 700 Nitro Express - particularly since it hadn't come up in this thread before. Don't worry, if I ever get one I won't force you to try it rotflmo

one of us
posted Hide Post
Good point, Steve...let's see 4x750....hmmm....that hippo just gained a few pounds! Are you having Butch brew up a southpaw for you?

Did you ever make it to Atlanta?...I haven't yet.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gary,
Nope, have not made Atlanta yet. Most likely late August after I get back from this sheep hunt.

Let's see, .577 minus .470 roughly equals .107 x 4 equals almost an 1/2 inch of coverage. Who says big bullets don't make up for piss poor shooting.

The three of us need to make sure to get together.

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

one of us
posted Hide Post
i had a searcy 700 nitro express box lock under lever its was a very interesting rifle but i will admit... a 577 or 600 can do what ever the 700 can and do it the same if not better in a lighter package

i am currently saving up to get another 505 gibbs rifle prolly a ryan breeding rifle i had 1 already but unforutnaly had to let it go..

and after that im going with my dream double a 577 nitro in a 14 pound rifle my 700 was over 16 pounds add another 2600 grains for ammo lol.

add to that the 700 nitro is very finicky to load for you need to have it just right, when using fillers ect..

i will add a 505 gibbs shooting 600 grain bullets at 2250-2300 is just purly impressive.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brad aka Pill Shooter
posted Hide Post
Butch Went and did it again. If he hadn't set me up with my 450-400 I'd be thinking about a 577 NE. Wow what a deal however, I'm still enjoying the love pats my 500 Jeffery gives me every time I pull the trigger. Now I can say if I had 15k lying around I'd be #2 on the list however, I'm still boxing up guns I've had to sell to fund my first double purchase. Thanks Butch for raising the bar on great deals. Maybe I should go buy a few lottery tickets this week.... In thinking about this rifle it brings out fantasies of going to Africa and pissing off the biggest Cape Buffalo I can find and then lying in wait with the 577 NE to give a 1- 2 punch…. Roll Eyes
Brad Smiler

Posts: 619 | Location: Sherwood, Oregon USA | Registered: 07 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Now if it were a stainless steel action and barreled 600 NE, I'd send the deposit have to look into what I could sell to get it in hand.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Watch what you say here Doc! Butch just might offer to build you one. I can put in a good word for you if you want.

Hey Butch...

Rich
DRSS

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Watch what you say here Doc! Butch just might offer to build you one. I can put in a good word for you if you want.

Hey Butch...

Rich
DRSS

One can only hope, Rich.
Thanks for looking out for me again.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doc, STEP AWAY FROM THE KOOL-AID !!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
flame My anti 700 NE "thing" has grown into a sort of crusade for me! knife knifeknife

dancing 700 nitro gives his own experience and such keeps me motivated! dancing

VERY SORRY TO TAKE THIS THREAD OFF IT'S TRACK !!!

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BFJ,
I sat with Mark Sullivan in his office here in Phoenix one day and was fondling a .700NE cartridge. Mark looked at me and said, I need substantially more practice to become sufficent with that rifle.

For MS to admit that, I need no further information on that round.

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigFiveJack:
flame My anti 700 NE "thing" has grown into a sort of crusade for me! knife knifeknife

dancing 700 nitro gives his own experience and such keeps me motivated! dancing

VERY SORRY TO TAKE THIS THREAD OFF IT'S TRACK !!!

beerNah, no worries - it's all in good fun anyway beer

Besides, wait until someone makes me an "800 Nitro Keel-Over" shocker

Then, my friend BigFiveJack, THEN you'll have something good to talk about hilbily

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Doc, STEP AWAY FROM THE KOOL-AID !!!!

I .... must .... resist ....

sofa

.... one little sip can't hurt .... beer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, sent off the order form for a 577 Field grade today, I placed a deposit the day Butch posted the offer. Should be the final rifle in my double battery. I hope the 577 compliments my 9.3x74 and 450 NE. The 450 is one of Butch's and it is a great rifle, I hope the 577 will be as well.

Posts: 296 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 22 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chuck1911
posted Hide Post
Dang.....Mr Searcy, you need twin or triplet pistols? I KNOW you dont carry a sawed off double around....Do you? lol

I will yet get to Africa and hope its with THE American double.

Helluva deal Smiler

Chuck Warner
Pistolsmith
/

Posts: 332 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 15 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
IMHO The 577 with R-15 loads in no harder to shoot that the 470 in a 10 lb rifle. We all have our personal response to recoil and unlike many I don't find any of the big guns with more that 50 foot pounds of recoil very friendly. personally I just don't find the 577 that much more unfriendly than the others.

On the other hand if you don't mind carrying 13.5 pounds around with you in my limited experience the 577 is just wonderfully effective as a hunting round. I have only limited experience having only taken 3 pac elephant and 2 buffalo with the 577/750/100 combo. That is not enough animals to make ANY kind of pontification about any cartridge but all 5 animals were just so efficiently taken that my feelings about the round borders on awe.

I think you will like it.

If you own a gun and you are not a member of the NRA and other pro 2nd amendment organizations then YOU are part of the problem.

Posts: 1231 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 12 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
...if you don't mind carrying 13.5 pounds around with you, in my limited experience the 577...

I made a 2-banded sling for mine, with padded pieces where the straps go over each shoulder...feels like a 14lb backpack...no sweat. I've made enough 6-to-10 mile hikes after Buffalo or Elephant to know better than to try to carry it conventionally. Or, better yet, carry your 450 or 470 NE, and a tracker will be more than happy to carry the 577 DR for a few "George Washingtons" a day, for sure!