THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Verney-Carron Doubles in action
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Verney-Carron Doubles in action
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted
Hello All,

Very limited connectivity here in Namibia but I have some momentarily.

Photos of leopard and elephant in the Double Rifle Bullet of the Future thread and Big Bore Forum (Terminal Bullet Performance) courtesy of Biebs and Michael458.

Khaudum tented camp was exactly what we asked for. Karl Stumpfe has worked his tail off and we have been blessed to take a leopard on day 4 and elephant on day 7 (or 8 - can't remember at the moment).

Now on the trail of oryx. I have been forbidden by Karl to call it Gemsbok since I can't work up enough phlegm to say the first part correctly.

Verney-Carron doubles have been the workhorse of this safari. 375 Flanged on their small frame (I think their first in this configuration) and the 600NE of which I have posted photos.

CEB #13 bullets have done the job in both cases. Non-con in the 375FL and 900grain solid in the 600NE.

Cat was dead before he hit the ground.

Elephant went down at the shot and received two more for good measure, including one from dad witht the 375Flanged spitting out 300 grain CEB#13 solids. First shot taken while ele was quatering away at 20 paces traversed from right occiput/mastoid to left temporal bone and found just under skin. I could reload it.

Full report in the appropriate African Hunting Report forum next week.

Karl Stumpfe and Ndumo Safaris get 3 thumbs up!

Thanks and stay well my friends - I miss speaking with you and hearing your voices even if only through the virtues of the internet.

Paul

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Paul,
It sounds like your all having a wonderful time over there with a lot of great hunting.
Looking forward to your safe return.
Be careful out there and have a ball.

Cheers, John

Give me COFFEE and nobody gets hurt

Posts: 1608 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
Here are Doc's photos I received! MARVELOUS! Excellent!

http://www.b-mriflesandcartridges.com/default.html

The New Word is "Non-Conventional", add "Conventional" to the Endangered Species List!
Live Outside The Box of "Conventional Wisdom"

I do Not Own Any Part of Any Bullet Company, I am not in the Employ Of Any Bullet Company. I do not represent, own stock, nor do I receive any proceeds, or monies from ANY BULLET COMPANY. I am not in the bullet business, and have no Bullets to sell to you, nor anyone else.

Posts: 8426 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 23 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nemo .450
posted Hide Post
Good to hear from you Doc.

Glad to hear y'all are having a good trip so-far. Congratulations on the Elephant and congratulations to your Dad on that Leopard!

Look forward to hearing about the safari in full. tu2

Hope y'all get a great oryx!

Take care,
Nemo.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. -- John 3:36

http://www.accurateinnovations.com - http://aigunstocks.com/home-2/

NRA Life Member
DSC
SCI
DRSS - STILL waiting on MY "Taksdale" .450NE or a refund... coffee

"Young knight, learn to love God and revere women, so that your honour grows. Practice knighthood and learn the Art that dignifies you, and brings you honour in wars." (Johannes Liechtenauer, 14th century)

Posts: 279 | Location: North-East Georgia | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jungleboy
posted Hide Post
Congrats & well done! I will be hunting with Karl myself in 5 months (Mar/Apr 2012).
I hope our safari is as successful! Great pic of you & your dad!

Posts: 521 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Great news! can't wait for the full report!

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
Superb animals! BZ!

Mangwana

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
HOT OFF THE PRESS---

Our very own CCMDoc just sent these in from the heart of Deepest Darkest Africa!

http://www.b-mriflesandcartridges.com/default.html

The New Word is "Non-Conventional", add "Conventional" to the Endangered Species List!
Live Outside The Box of "Conventional Wisdom"

I do Not Own Any Part of Any Bullet Company, I am not in the Employ Of Any Bullet Company. I do not represent, own stock, nor do I receive any proceeds, or monies from ANY BULLET COMPANY. I am not in the bullet business, and have no Bullets to sell to you, nor anyone else.

Posts: 8426 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 23 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to hear and read the report.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vagrouser
posted Hide Post
Paul,
Absolutely couldn't be any happier for you and your Dad. Great animals and looking forward to the full report myself!
Bill

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on an awesome hunt Doc.

Fantastic you could share an experience like this with your Father.
Lifetime memories, priceless.

Awesome rifles, fantastic Trophies, top of the heap bullets and obvioulsy a very capable P.H too !

Thanks for sharing, the pics are superb.

Posts: 531 | Location: Australia | Registered: 30 June 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul and Father
Well great deal we love to see guy's that had a great hunt.
The Jumbo is very good.
I hope the hipe Biebs and I gave you about Karl was well worth it. He is the Namibia Jumbo King.
I know he appreciates all your comments. See you all at the Dallas show at Karls booth.
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome!!!!

DRSS

Posts: 1168 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elk88101:
Paul and Father
Well great deal we love to see guy's that had a great hunt.
The Jumbo is very good.
I hope the hipe Biebs and I gave you about Karl was well worth it. He is the Namibia Jumbo King.
I know he appreciates all your comments. See you all at the Dallas show at Karls booth.
Larry

Hey Larry,

You and Jon were spot on about Karl - he was outstanding in every respect.

Stay well and thanks for all of the advice and support,

Paul

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Part 1 of Hunt Report posted:

CCMDoc and Pop - Part I

Hope you enjoy it.

One of Us
Picture of bwananelson
posted Hide Post
BWANA you birth those doubles to fill a dream nice job you deserve it

DRSS,SCI.
ZOLI 9.3X74R (2)
Zoli 450 400 NE
Merkel 470 NE
V-C 600 NE
VICTOR SARASQUETA 375

Posts: 351 | Location: deltona florida | Registered: 09 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Thank you my friend and I hope that 600NE continues to bring a smile to your face!