THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Weight if Chapuis with shotgun barrels?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weight if Chapuis with shotgun barrels?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted
I am considering ordering a Chapuis in 9.3x74 with an extra set of shotgun barrels, and am wondering what the gun weighs with the shotgun barrels installed. If someone who has one could weigh it and post the weight along with the length of their shotgun barrels, I would appreciate it.

Dave

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3821 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My 9,3x74R weighs 7 pounds 3 oz when fitted with 27.5" 20 gauge barrels. They are chambered for 3" shells.

Hope that helps.

The best bird hunting days I ever had have been using this shotgun. It is simply superb in the field!

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Mike:

Thanks for the information. That's exactly what I wanted to know. I am thinking about selling my drilling and my .375 H&H and picking up the Chapuis with the extra barrels instead.

Dave

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3821 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote