New
Find
Notify
Tools

2 guns in one
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Not my cup of tea but some one might be interested in a 2-barrel set, O/U. .30-06 and 20 gauge barrel sets.

No connection to me.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=81376058

When there is lead in the air, there is hope in my heart -- MWH ~1996

Posts: 2257 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link, but I already have a Searcy-Ruger Red Label 20-guage with .338WinMag barrels. 250-grainers at 2400 fps from that ought to do anything a .30-06 0/U will do. Good for dove shooting too. As a double rifle, it is totally wrong, but it is a good shotgun. rotflmo

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=81376058

This is the model that was made for the American market, and is not the same as the regular Browning O/U double rifle, but is simply a pair of 30-06 barrels fitted to the Browning O/U shotgun, but was done by Browning.

I had one of these sets back in the late 70s, and it worked well, but I simply couldn't stand the up-land English stock, on a rifle, and I rarely used the shot barrels. At the same time I had a S/S cape gun with a 16 ga shot barrel on the left, and a 8X57JR barrel on the right, that was far more useful, so I sold the Browning, and still have the Cape gun! That set sold origenally for $2100 USD.

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote