THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    New Krieghoff 500 NE classic value?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Krieghoff 500 NE classic value?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted
A friend won a Krieghoff 500 NE classic whats it worth? He told me Cabelas said $11,500.

Posts: 2329 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
IIRC Base price of basic model is $12,995.00.

Nitro

"Man is a predator or at least those of us that kill and eat our own meat are. The rest are scavengers, eating what others kill for them." Hugh Randall
DRSS, BASA
470 Krieghoff, 45-70 inserts, 12 ga paradox, 20 ga DR Simson/Schimmel, 12 ga DR O/U Famars, 12 ga DR SXS Greener

Posts: 813 | Location: USA / RSA | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
What is IIRC?

Posts: 2329 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slider:
What is IIRC?

If I Remember Correctly, that is IIRC as well... Big Grin

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
What does IIRC stand for?

One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slider:
What does IIRC stand for?

If I Recall Correctly.

New K-Guns run around $12K and I have seen some lightly used ones sell for about $8K recently. Hope that helps.

Posts: 2767 | Location: The Peach State | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
Who's on First rotflmo rotflmo

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3449 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
I thought it was a gun store somewhere. rotflmo

one of us
posted Hide Post
Let me beat the "regulars" to the punch by saying that the K gun is a POS and that the decocking device will get you killed. Typical German over engineering of a problem that does not exist. H&H had it right 100 years ago, and BTW the 1911 cannot be improved.
I will take it off his hands for $7000 at considerable risk to my life and limb (from my wife, not an ele or buff).
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Won't work Peter. The picking flyshit out of pepper brigade will soon be here to re-execute that dead horse...

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I would be quite happy to win a Kreighoff double anything. I'd even make a good home for one of the now-despised Sabattis.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16531 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
Let me beat the "regulars" to the punch by saying that the K gun is a POS and that the decocking device will get you killed. Typical German over engineering of a problem that does not exist. H&H had it right 100 years ago, and BTW the 1911 cannot be improved.
I will take it off his hands for $7000 at considerable risk to my life and limb (from my wife, not an ele or buff).
Peter.

bsflag

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave, I think that was meant to be "tongue-in-cheek"....relax!

Posts: 20139 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Geez Dave you are quick on the trigger! For the record I own, and love, my K-gun in 500/416 and my Blaser S2 500NE, both of which are considered anathema to the purists.
Signed: member of the great unwashed and proud of it! Peter.

PS. "picking flyshit out of pepper". Love it!

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted Hide Post
Love my K-gun .470. Taken buff, ele, and even an 80-yard impala. The cocking safety is no isse at all.

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!

The Few. The Pissed. The Taxpayers.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Arizona and Nevada since 1979. | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
He would probably be a seller at $10,500

One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
Geez Dave you are quick on the trigger! For the record I own, and love, my K-gun in 500/416 and my Blaser S2 500NE, both of which are considered anathema to the purists.
Signed: member of the great unwashed and proud of it! Peter.

PS. "picking flyshit out of pepper". Love it!

Sorry Peter. Thought it was another K-gun, Blaser bash.

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
.500 NE K-gun in your hands at a retail outlet, $10,000-$12,000.

.500 NE K-gun in your hands when a elephant charges, priceless.

Mike

Posts: 21381 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Bush:
Sorry Peter. Thought it was another K-gun, Blaser bash.

.................. jumping

There is no reason to blast the K-gun, but..............The S-2 Now that's a zebra of a different stripe!

Dave your skin must be rawhide by now after letting people know you have a Blaser S-2, and actually like it! Big Grin It seems though Peter's TIC post seems to have gotten through the tough rawhide skin! Big Grin

Just kidding you buddy! Bring that water pipe double down to the Texas Hoot & Shoot,and let me shoot it! I'll even bite my tongue instead of speaking about it! tu2

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is no reason to blast the K-gun, but..............The S-2 Now that's a zebra of a different stripe!

And there I thought that MacD was finally seeing the light!
Peter.

One of Us
Picture of OldHandgunHunter
posted Hide Post
I don't know about yours, but my Krieghoff .470 double gun is priceless!

When you get bored with life, start hunting dangerous game with a handgun.

Posts: 495 | Location: Florida | Registered: 17 February 2008Reply With Quote