THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Anyone have pictures of the new VC ph grade?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have pictures of the new VC ph grade?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 460 wby shooter
posted
I like to keep my options open and the new VC ph grade my change my mind about what double I want buy? For those of you who saw the new rifle a the show what did you think of it?

Posts: 817 | Location: jimtown ND | Registered: 21 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Loved it....great concept to bring the round body look to double rifles. Handled well for me, and priced right. No pix at this time, unless someone took one at the show. Not on the VC website yet.

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
JB:

Does the new VC have the triple underlugs like the other double rifles?

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Ken told me about these on the phone last night but has been surprisingly stingy with photos. Whistling

Probably a good thing as I am running out of drool rags... hilbily

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think Ken said that he had forwarded the rifle on to the SCI show already. I forget about the lock-up...I thought someone mentioned 6 locking lugs?

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I loved this new round action double so much I've placed my order for one in .500

10.5lbs finish weight, colour case hardened, matt-black finish to the barrels, ejectors and short 23.5" tubes should make a perfect companion/back-up rifle on my early season buffalo hunts in Arnhemland.

6 - 10 months of nail-biting waiting time !

Posts: 531 | Location: Australia | Registered: 30 June 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
What's the largest bore that this new round action will be available in?

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Officially 500 NE, unofficially 577. The Verney rep seemed to think it wouldn't be a problem.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I received the two round body guns I had at Dallas two days before I needed to ship them to the show and did not have time to photo them.

They are now on the way to SCI, I will not have them back here until after SCI.

I had a French grey 450 and a case colored 500, in process I have a 470 and 450-400. Both the 577 and 600 will also be available in the round body action. The lock up is the same as the other actions, only the exterior shape is different.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1329 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And THAT'S from the horses mouth....I think I described the right end of the horse, didn't I Ken??? :-)

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kebco:
I received the two round body guns I had at Dallas two days before I needed to ship them to the show and did not have time to photo them.

They are now on the way to SCI, I will not have them back here until after SCI.

I had a French grey 450 and a case colored 500, in process I have a 470 and 450-400. Both the 577 and 600 will also be available in the round body action. The lock up is the same as the other actions, only the exterior shape is different.

Damn you Ken ... shame

One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
popcorn

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1706 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoubleDon:
popcorn

It's a sickness, Don ... You above all others should understand ... beer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm addicted and I don't even own one yet CRYBABY

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
What is the starting price on the Ph's?

DRSS

Posts: 2282 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The casecolored 500 NE at the show was $13,500. Not sure what options were on it, if any.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The ones at the show were a 450 with coin finish, with options, day/night front sight, shadowline cheekpiece, sling swivels (ejectors std) $13,500, the case colored 500 had the same options and was $13,800

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Well,

I do "need" a 450/400 and this just might be the answer... beer

Will I be able to get my bespoke 240 NE in round body action? Reamers and chamber gauges are just a few weeks from delivery ... tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pass the Kool-Aid!

One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Pass the Kool-Aid!

+1 Wink

Actually, I think Doc has been drinking the bong water again! shocker

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1706 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I think Kool-Aid is now relegated to first-time DR buyers!!! Stronger stuff is required for the veterans.

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Hey you two...

I put the blame squarely on your shoulders - Mr. Biebs and Mr DoubleDon - for introducing me to this addiction shame

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The kool-aid tastes so good though, cannot wait to get my own double instead Of dooling all over everyone else's tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
SO when are we going to see some pictures shocker I'm busting at the seams to see this new model tu2

Posts: 896 | Location: Langwarrin,Australia | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pics will have to wait until after SCI when they are shipped back to me

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
It's like knowing that what's inside the box is what you asked for but having to wait until Christmas to take off the wrapping ... Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
Ken, what both will they be in at SCI? Are you going to be there?

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ha ha jumpingyou got it one Doc. I am now totally stuffed i can't make up my mind as to which rifle I want!!!!!!

Posts: 896 | Location: Langwarrin,Australia | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwanna:
Ken, what both will they be in at SCI? Are you going to be there?

Booth 3447, I will be there with the factory reps. Remember you can be measured for a stock at the show and have a gun made to fit

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kebco:
Remember you can be measured for a stock at the show and have a gun made to fit

Yet another reason I am sorry I couldn't make it to DSC. CRYBABY

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Reeeally looking forward to these photos. The VC PH will most likly be the choice for my first DR. I'm happy to hear that there is another flavor of the VC PH. Just in time as I've almost squireled away enough fun tickets to make the purchase.

Posts: 156 | Location: Preferably in the woods with my Verney-Carron .450/400 NE double rifle | Registered: 07 January 2011Reply With Quote