THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    For Sale...Merkel Double 500 Nitro
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For Sale...Merkel Double 500 Nitro
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A proven elephant killer, our own Todd Williams Merkel 500.

Merkel, game scene engraved, 500 Nitro, double triggers, extractors, barrels 23.5", LOP 15.5" over pad and spacer, pad is a Kick-EEZ, 3/4" spacer, perfect bores, 10.63lb (170 oz) , articulated front trigger, gun has a few light handling marks, proven elephant killer, 3 day inspection, price includes shipping to your FFL

pics can be seen at the link below.
http://members.gunsinternation...d=100276610&pop_up=1

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1329 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you're a "normal" human being (not a knuckle dragger), you could take off all those prosthetic devices on the end of the stock and she'd look great! :-)

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will let you tell Todd that yourself

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
LOL! He traded this in and finally got himself a Blaser S2, so I hear.

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh, damn, I'm glad you said that instead of me...... jumping
I meant to say, Damn you Biebs, that's just mean!!!

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
LOL! He traded this in and finally got himself a Blaser S2, so I hear.

rotflmo

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Blaser S2

Does Chevy still make these?

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well.....this gun is on hold.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
Wow! That was fast. 3 1/2 hours.

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 989 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs will just sell it. jumping

sorry, I couldn't resist.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
TURDS! All of you! :-)

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
But, facts are facts reguardless!

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
No Blaser skeletons in my closet boys!! It's going to a good home I'm happy to see. I think it will be getting some extensive use in the future!

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kebco:
quote:
Blaser S2

Does Chevy still make these?

animal

If Chevy does still make them, I wouldn't buy one ... just because! Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you're a "normal" human being (not a knuckle dragger), you could take off all those prosthetic devices on the end of the stock and she'd look great! :-)

Biebs, I told you once before. Some of us boys are longer than the average dude!

One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
Todd:

Serious question. No Bullshit. I know you hate the looks of an S2 but I was wondering, have you ever shot one? I want to come down and shoot your .577. I'll bring my S2 along and let you shoot it.

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave, remind him to bring along all his other doubles. You do have that Blaser shop nearby that takes trades :-)

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Dave,

I have not shot an S-2 that I can remember. I've handled a few but I don't think I've shot one. You planning on coming to DSC? If you make it here to the DFW area, I'd love to go shooting with you. I'd like to shoot that 500/416 K-Gun of yours as well.

One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
I don't know yet if I will be at DSC. We thought about a Christmas family cruise. If I come down, I'll bring the 500/416 as well as my S2 and .375 Chapuis. You'll like the 500/416. Fantastic caliber.

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Let me know when you're heading this way Dave and we'll go to the range for sure. I look forward to it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Todd, I'd send you some 25 yard targets for your non-Blaser doubles, but I'm all out of garbage can lids :-)

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Todd, I'd send you some 25 yard targets for your non-Blaser doubles, but I'm all out of garbage can lids :-)

Did you use them all up already Beibs? I can send you a fresh shipment....

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
I know there is a connection there somewhere between Blaser and trash cans. I'm going to refrain from comment however as that one is low hanging fruit!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know there is a connection there somewhere between Blaser and trash cans.

Dave, I'm not quite sure, but I think that might have been a "shot"!

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I know there is a connection there somewhere between Blaser and trash cans.

Dave, I'm not quite sure, but I think that might have been a "shot"!

BOOM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn, I know that is a good shooting rifle, but that butt mess is obnoxious. Can't you have that LOP surgically fixed or something? Why mess up a perfectly good DR just because of a physical ailment? dancing

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mdstewart:
Damn, I know that is a good shooting rifle, but that butt mess is obnoxious. Can't you have that LOP surgically fixed or something? Why mess up a perfectly good DR just because of a physical ailment? dancing

Yeah, it really should be cleaned up with a leather pad that covers the spacer as well. I had intentions of doing that if I kept it but plans changed. Anyone who has owned a Merkel will agree, I think, that you don't want to shoot them with too short a LOP as the front trigger will eat your trigger finger up when shooting the back trigger. It slams into the egde of the front trigger right at the middle joint. Ouch! A proper LOP corrects that on the spot!