THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Introduced some folks to shooting a Double Rifle.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Introduced some folks to shooting a Double Rifle.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted
Over this past weekend, on a doe white-tail hunt out in Pecos county Texas, I had the opportunity to let some folks that had never shot one, shoot my Pedersoli double.

It is the hammer double in 45/70, and while several of the folks in camp didn't want to try it 3 men and 1 woman went with me too the range and shot it.

We were shooting Remington 405 grain factory loads and everyone had a great time.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Crazyhorse
My brother used to have a Kodiak 45/70 and so does a fellow DRSS Member.
both of them shot very good.

They also make a 9,3x74R and an 8x57.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
N E would the Pedersoli 9.3X74R stand up to the 450 No2 etc?

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
When I bought mine, Cabela's was only carrying the 45/70 chambering. If I get the chance to buy another double it will be in 9.3x74.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jagter
You mean as in converting to 450 No2???

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote