THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Weight of Merkel 140 in .470 and .500 NE.....?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weight of Merkel 140 in .470 and .500 NE.....?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Do any of you know their specific weight in each calibre....?

I am considering one of them.....I really like the .500 but only if it is heavy enough for calibre..

Posts: 3974 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BER007
posted Hide Post
you can add mercury recoil reducer in the buttstock to make the rifle more controlable

------------------
BER007
Keep the faith in any circumstances
------------------------
BBER007@HOTMAIL.COM

Posts: 831 | Location: BELGIUM | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My .500 weighed 10.23 lbs out of the box. I had a recoil reducer added which made it much more fun to shoot. I don't have any scales to get the weight with the recoil reducer.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3519 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
The 500NEs average 10.2 lbs, while my 470NE
weighs 10.8 lbs, with the only change made to the rifle is the addtion of a Kick-EZE recoil pad. Both these rifles are the same outside measurements, but the hole bored through the barrels is larger for the 500! You carry the rifle considerably more than you shoot it!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
You carry the rifle considerably more than you shoot it!

But when you do shoot the 500NE shocker at the range anyway..

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
New Guy has a couple of Merkels for sale on his sight....weights included.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote