THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Doctor red dot sight for Chapuis double rifle
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Doctor red dot sight for Chapuis double rifle
 Login/Join

posted
Looks like my eyes will need some help. I've read that Doctor red dot sights are well-liked by some on double rifles but what base do you use? I have a Chapuis double in 9.3x74R.

Thanks for you help.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Goodnews, here is the Doctor Optic sight mounted on one of my single shots. They don't make a Talley mount for it so I had to make this one.

It works amazingly well. The Doctor is a great sight system. There is also a Burris, and Trijicon has a similar product that looks good as well. Check their website.

What type of mounting system is on you Chapius?

J

Posts: 304 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 01 April 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The Chapuis has a quarter rib into which the rear sight is dove-tailed but there are also two short sections of the quarter rib which are removable (two screws holding each section) and I imagine one or the other will come out for some sort of base.

One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
should be pretty easy to machine some dove-tails into the removable rib block. That would make several dr mounts availalbe to you.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Goodnews, if you find someone willing to machine some dovetail type mounts for the doctor sight, I bet we can find several people that would want them.

Its a neat little sighting system.

j

Posts: 304 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 01 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Check with JJ Perodeau at Champlin Arms.

You can get Claw mount bases that will fit you Chapuis.

Then you get [check the NEG website] the base for the Doctor Optic that fits the rear claw base.
Then you could have a scope, and a DO.

And keep your ironsights as well.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I've already emailed Champlin Arms but you sound like you've hit upon the answer. Thanks. I'll see how it works out.