Notify
Tools

She's Here!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted
Say Hello to Lucille!

Off to the airport to go to Odessa. I'll have to wait until Sunday for our first "date"!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Doc52
posted Hide Post
Rusty,
All I can say is S-W-E-E-E-E-T!

Doc52
B. Searcy & Co .577 NE
Double Rifle Shooters Society

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote!"

Benjamin Franklin 1759

Posts: 241 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
thumb thumb thumb thumb thumb

Big Grin

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Looks good Rusty!!!! Have fun in Odessa, I grew up north of San Angelo I wish I could make a living out there, shure beats the rat race.

Report how she shoots!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
She sure is purdy!

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Doc52
posted Hide Post
Rusty,
HUBBA,HUBBA!!!!!!

Doc52
B. Searcy & Co .577 NE

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote!"

Benjamin Franklin 1759

Posts: 241 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rusty, Lucille looks like a predator to me, hope she shoots as good as she looks. Mine should arrive in about two weeks.

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
She's a beaut, Rusty!! Congrats.

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
That is one nice looking rifle clap

DRSS

Posts: 2283 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Now that's a sweet girl! You should have put her on a plane and sent her up to me so i could protect her till you got around the takeing her out! sofa

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
the case-colored frame is fantastic.....i ordered the same, just no engraving..... if it shoots like it looks , you'll be pleased.... congrats, and wipe the drool marks off....

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
Very nice, Rusty! Are those plain ol Talley rings? Didn't know that was an option. What engraving pattern is that? I don't recognize it in the the Chapuis catalog.

Antlers
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Yep, those are Talley rings and bases. I just asked for the rose scroll engraving with case coloring!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Elegant Rusty, very, very elegant.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
May it serve you and your descendents very well! clap

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rusty, Lucille looks good, does she have any sisters?

Posts: 929 | Location: southern illinois | Registered: 29 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rusty,
VERY NICE.
A 9,3 scoped double and a 450/400 make a perfect pair.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
As I understand it, there are several of her sisters among the DRSS!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Let me know if you're going out to Bayou Sunday to christen. Congrats, Bob

Posts: 1286 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
I love the case colors and the wood is excellant also!

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2272 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
Rusty,

That is a beauty and you have a great scope on it also. Pigs and deer better watch out now.

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
I can't wait to shoot her. Be sure you bring her to the next DRSS shoot/hunt.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1265 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lucille is indeed a thing of beauty. On a different note, how easy is to get get to the release lever under the scope?
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WVFred
posted Hide Post
VERY nice Rusty,looking at that pic is making me want one of those really bad. cheers

Fred

DRSS Member

Posts: 906 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rusty,
Congratulations.
Does she shoot parallel to infinity?

Convergence at anywhere from 100 yards to infinity would tickle me pink with that beauty. thumb

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Dear Lord that is one sweet DBL. The case colors are just awesome!

Rusty, may this one be the luckiest and most fun of them all.

Good luck and good shooting.

Dave

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rusty,

Forgive me, but what brand of rifle is this?

Has the old "Lewis" frame scallop - really nice looking!

JW

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ze Lady, she is French.

Chapuis.

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Rusty,

As we say here, "Bravo". I particularly like the forend release lever. I keep going back to that picture.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
Rusty:

Sent you a PM.

Dave

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RIP:
Rusty,
Congratulations.
Does she shoot parallel to infinity?

Convergence at anywhere from 100 yards to infinity would tickle me pink with that beauty. thumb

Hell, RIP, that little beauty may shoot paralell past infinity! Wink

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Wink,
I sent you a box of foam last Tuesday. Hopefully it will make it across the pond in a week or so? There is a lot of foam in that little box. Be careful as you open it. It may act like one of those spring toys and pop out! Eeker

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful. Keep us up to date on how she shoots. Too bad you won't be at the next shoot so we can fondle her a bit as well as ogle her.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Rusty, very nice! Always loved CC and swhirly scratching.

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hog Killer:
Rusty, very nice! Always loved CC and swhirly scratching.

Keith

Ditto!

She's gonna break some hearts, backs, shoulders etc.
Congrats on a beauty!

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
Rusty, I assume those are low Talleys; the scope looks pretty close to the top lever. Have you shot her yet? Any issues with this?

Antlers
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like plenty of room to open the rifle with a thumb. Best not have the thumb still on the lever when closing the rifle though. Big Grin

Besides, this is not a dedicated DGR. This is a Sunday-go-to-meetin' All Purpose Double, meant for knocking angels off pinheads at infinity.

I'll bet Rusty's eye lines up perfectly with that scope when he shoulders the rifle, and he's lookin' where he's pointin' every time..

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Ron, your are right. There isn't much room.
If it poises a problem, I'll just get a set of taller rings from Talley. And yes, you can see it's all aligned on 1.1 power! I'll try to get to the range with her next weekend, if my grandson isn't playing in the State 4A Soccer Finals.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know how that metal coloring was supposed to be done?

Brent

When there is lead in the air, there is hope in my heart -- MWH ~1996

Posts: 2257 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
very nice!!! well worth the wait, i'm sure.

DRSS

Posts: 1168 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote