Notify
Tools

Pedro Arrizabalaga DRs
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted
Purdey of Spain: ArrizabalagaDRs

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

Surprise by a few things. Firstly Rigby are the UK distributors. Secondly some models have straight grips like light shotguns.

I wonder what they cost.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11253 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
I would bet a good chunk of change. I have a couple of their shotguns along with a lot of other Spanish makers and I have always considered them the top tier of Spanish guns that I have seen.

Mac

Posts: 1747 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Terry Wieland, author of "Spanish Best", considers them Spain's finest. P. Arrizabalaga supplied Paul Roberts with DRs & shotguns when he ran J. Rigby. They produce about 100 guns a year, only sidelocks. William L. Moore in Scottsdale is the US importer. One can travel to Eibar, Spain to place their order and save about 50%, more than enough to pay for the trip.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Arrizabalaga have be bought out by Arietta. They continue to make the most of the Arrizabalaga line of guns and rifles. The straight grip rifles are used for driven boar shooting in Europe.

One of Us
Picture of Milo Shanghai
posted Hide Post
Quality is generally good. I have a pair of their shotguns which have stood up well to a lot of use.

Posts: 680 | Location: London | Registered: 03 September 2009Reply With Quote