New
Find
Notify
Tools

Steiner Double Rifle??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A friend called me and said he has a line on a Steiner Double rifle chambered in 505 Gibbs. He has not yet seen the rifle, but he wanted me to give him some background on them; I have never seen or heard of one. Does anyone out there know anything about these?

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never heard of a DR maker by that name.

Posts: 1742 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I told my buddy that maybe the guy had the make and caliber wrong, but he said the guy was adament that they were correct. I personally do not think there is such an animal, but I have definately been wrong before!

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

one of us
Picture of husky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:
I told my buddy that maybe the guy had the make and caliber wrong, but he said the guy was adament that they were correct. I personally do not think there is such an animal, but I have definately been wrong before!

Well,
Who knows, here is a Francotte in
.460 Weatherby Magnum...

Posts: 1134 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've seen a Steiner 16ga. sidelock. Really a nice gun, good quality and great workmanship. Have you heard any more from the man?

Posts: 201 | Location: logan, W.V. | Registered: 13 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have not heard anything from my buddy about this. I'll see what he has found out and if he has any pictures.