Mike

Posts: 21373 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marrakai
posted Hide Post
Mike:
Sadly, I reckon you're stuffed, mate! Here's the hint:
"2006 New stock photo sample"
No matter how many they sell, those photos will remain!

Never mind, it's a relatively painless affliction. At least until the Visa statement arrives.......

Marrakai
When the bull drops, the bullsh!t stops!

Posts: 243 | Location: Darwin, Australia | Registered: 12 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Relax Mike

Send me your address and I will send you a brochure. Then you won't have to log on to that darned site.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cute, in 'Art Deco' kinda way. Roll Eyes
Visa? thumbdown Pay in cash eq. and ask for 3-4% discount! dancing

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
That is a beautiful rifle, especially for the money. And most importantly, we know for a fact how well Chapuis shoot. Mike, you should buy it instead of my Enfield. I will forgive you!

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MJines
Precious...My Precious..How bad is it..
AK

Posts: 16798 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 21 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Remember the thread on "Trouble with a Searcy"? Butch said to watch for a lever not being center after closing, is this an example???

This photo is the rifle featured in this thread.

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
I believe he said the lever should be in the same position weather it is loaded or unloaded. So if we assume this gun is unloaded then it being slightly to one side tells us nothing. On a new gun some times the lever is not perfect in the center. As the rifle is used the lever position may change slightly. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Roscoe
You are correct.
It is actually better to have the lever to the right of center [right handed double].
As the double wears the lever will move toward the center. Eventually the lever will be to the left of center. When that happens it is time to consider a "hinge job", to retighten the action.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes nice rifle, I would expect the lever to be a little off center to the right on a new rifle or shotgun. This gives a little room for it to wear in. I don’t think there would be any problem as long as it locked up completely.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK, thanks gents!! I'm still expanding my Double's knowledge. I wasn't sure if this was the accepted norm.

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I visited the Chapuis stand at the Rambouillet show outside of Paris in April this year. As you can imagine being their home show they had the biggest stand of all the gunmakers. Some really great rifles (and shotguns) on display.

Here are a couple of poor photos I snapped while there.

Enjoy,
- stu

Posts: 1210 | Location: Zurich | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With Quote