THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    How to order Hornady components to a NY hotel...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to order Hornady components to a NY hotel...
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of husky
posted
Gentlemen,

I need your help!

I and my family are visiting New York 18 - 24 May. As neither Midway or Graaf are exporting brass and bullets, I would like to buy some Hornady .450/.400 3 1/4" brass and bullets for my Webley & Scott Ltd Double Rifle while visiting NY.

Is there any New York gunshops that have these components in stock?

If not,
Would a company like Graaf or Midway deliver to a NY hotel adress?

I tried with Hornady but answer was negative.

Please give me some advice, also which Nikon camera shop do you recommend?

Posts: 1134 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
I would make contact with the hotel manager tell him you are having a package mailed to you while in transit To USA and staying at his hotel with your family..and would like to use his name and the hotel to receive it from UPS or FedX. They are shipped in blank cardboard boxes.
If you check online you will find any number of camrea shops in NYC..

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
....or maybe a member of AR in NYC would do you a favor. Just a thought.

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of foxfire
posted Hide Post
I would gladly have done it but I'm out of town the week before and most of the week you are here.
Here is a list of NYC GUN DEALERS start calling to see if they have anything you are looking for or if they can have it drop shipped to them.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Posts: 359 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of foxfire
posted Hide Post
Just a thought I'd call Beretta in NYC ask for gun sales. The guy's there are really good and could tell you how you might be able to put this together.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Posts: 359 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I have had FedEX packages sent to a hotel where I was going to stay. I had the package sent to me under the name I had made my reservation under. I then called the hotel and told them that I would be recieving a package and please hold it for me. Just have the package sent to you c/o the hotel. The tracking number will let you know when it arrives.

It is not necessary to tell the hotel what you are having delivered. Just tell the manager it is coming and have it held. A desk clerk or manager can sign for it.
No big deal!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 298 | Location: Antioch | Registered: 09 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
husky,

quote:
I have had FedEX packages sent to a hotel where I was going to stay. I had the package sent to me under the name I had made my reservation under. I then called the hotel and told them that I would be recieving a package and please hold it for me. Just have the package sent to you c/o the hotel. The tracking number will let you know when it arrives.

It is not necessary to tell the hotel what you are having delivered. Just tell the manager it is coming and have it held. A desk clerk or manager can sign for it.
No big deal!

Rusty's spot-on - I do exactly the same when I'm in the States.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by husky:
Gentlemen,

I need your help!

I and my family are visiting New York 18 - 24 May. As neither
Midway or Graaf are exporting brass and bullets, I would like
to buy some Hornady .450/.400 3 1/4" brass and bullets for my
Webley & Scott Ltd Double Rifle while visiting NY.

How many pieces of Hornady 450/400 3 1/4" brass do you want?

I am in New York City several times per week, EVERY WEEK!

I'll order them AT ONCE when you tell me.

Plus, I HAVE a quantity that I've received already and NOT yet loaded.

I'll bring them to your location and put them in your hand.
We are a C O M M U N I T Y here.
wave dancing clap dancing wave

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of husky
posted Hide Post
Hi Jack!
Thank you for helping me!!!
I have sent you a PM!

Posts: 1134 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Husky, Check your PM's PLEASE!!!

Jack

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Jack. you are a good man to help out a fellow AR'er with his little problem. thumb

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hog Killer:
Jack. you are a good man to help out a fellow AR'er with his little problem. thumb

Keith

We are all in this together; we truly are a community. Sure we fight like cats and dogs at times, but we all have the same passion for hunting and firearms. It's great to see one of our own going out of his or her way to help out another.

A humbled thank you to B5J!

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 577NitroExpress:
We are all in this together; we truly are a community. Sure we fight like cats and dogs at times, but we all have the same passion for hunting and firearms. It's great to see one of our own going out of his or her way to help out another.

A humbled thank you to B5J!

I was helped in person or with the loan of a rifle through

a contact by retreever and 577NitroExpress and his

dad doc52 YEARS before now. So I learned to help AR

guys by being helped BY AR GUYS ! We make a good
group here, no one can deny that! Big Grin wave Big Grin

Jack

One of Us
posted Hide Post
SEE THE "HUSKY'S IN NEW YORK" THREAD FOR THE REST OF THIS STORY...

Jack